Smart tv wifi dongle ??

won't it do the same job as a normal wifi adapter ?

And the power line adapters are ok but the whole point is to keep wires to a minimum, which is why I'm interested in trying a wifi dongle first, if that doesn't work then will try other methods

Thanks all

Hi,

The problem is that your TV doesn't work in the same way as a Windows PC - it will not recognise the Virgin wi-fi dongle because it has no drivers for it. To create drivers for every wi-fi dongle available, just for one range of TVs would be too expensive and lengthy for a manufacturer to justify unfortunately.

The TV manufacturer most likely be able supply a wi-fi adapter for your TV but will rip you off because of their monopoly position. That's why I suggested powerline adapters as a possibly cheaper option.

Hi,

The problem is that your TV doesn't work in the same way as a Windows PC - it will not recognise the Virgin wi-fi dongle because it has no drivers for it. To create drivers for every wi-fi dongle available, just for one range of TVs would be too expensive and lengthy for a manufacturer to justify unfortunately.

The TV manufacturer most likely be able supply a wi-fi adapter for your TV but will rip you off because of their monopoly position. That's why I suggested powerline adapters as a possibly cheaper option.

Ah that was my question but you worded it better, I was wondering about the fact of if the tv would power the adapter the same way it would work in a computer, so if I set it up on my pc as a home network, will it not then just take power from the tv and receive the signal ?, I have ordered one now to try anyway but that was my train of thought, that it either wouldn't work because th tv wouldn't power the adapter properly or that It maybe would be plug and play type of job, but having never used a wifi dongle I was unsure,

Thanks for the info anyway should get the dongle this week so will test and let you all know if it works or not, of not power line adapter it is, I just wanted to cut down on wires as my router is at one end of the room but tv at other :rolleyes: