Experiences of meal replacement shakes, fitness supplemnts, weight los

Shef_Fitness

I am getting increasing emails from companies who are seeing if I can act as a selling person for various products, such as fitness supplements, meal replacement items, vitamins, detoxing pills or other weight loss items.

Clearly I personally have a market that I can sell these items to, however what are peoples's experiences when taking these?

For example, how does a protein supplement compare to high quality meat from a high class butcher? is it better, and if so how?

With regards detoxing, does the human body not do this naturally is the form of taking a dump every day or so? ie, ejecting the nastys via the bottom. How does a detoxing pill compare to good quality fruit and veg? its clearly far more expensive to purchase detoxing pills that it is to buy some apples.

Looking at the prices these things sell at, there would appear to be a big profit margin. People are clearly spending there money on these things.

What are the side effects (if any)? how fast can someone expect to lose weight (in the case of meal replacement shakes)? if someone is doing exercise and taking these supplements, then how can it be proven that its the supplment/meal replacement item thats doing its job, and its not down to the fitness workouts?

Any experiences on these would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have tried the Exante meal replacement plan. I must say when stuck too it is pretty effective, weight loss is around 1 stone a month.

I didn't feel hungry and it is very easy too follow in terms of not much preparation time. I felt great on it to begin with-lots of energy and wide awake in the morning verse struggling to get up before starting the plan.

I found it difficult to continue with the plan after I got a bug, and went back to normal food. However I have started back on it again this week.

It is hard to stick too, as no other food is allowed apart from the packets, but by not being hungry and the fast results helps you stick to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting increasing emails from companies who are seeing if I can act as a selling person for various products, such as fitness supplements, meal replacement items, vitamins, detoxing pills or other weight loss items.

Clearly I personally have a market that I can sell these items to, however what are peoples's experiences when taking these?

For example, how does a protein supplement compare to high quality meat from a high class butcher? is it better, and if so how?

With regards detoxing, does the human body not do this naturally is the form of taking a dump every day or so? ie, ejecting the nastys via the bottom. How does a detoxing pill compare to good quality fruit and veg? its clearly far more expensive to purchase detoxing pills that it is to buy some apples.

Looking at the prices these things sell at, there would appear to be a big profit margin. People are clearly spending there money on these things.

What are the side effects (if any)? how fast can someone expect to lose weight (in the case of meal replacement shakes)? if someone is doing exercise and taking these supplements, then how can it be proven that its the supplment/meal replacement item thats doing its job, and its not down to the fitness workouts?

To the best of my knowledge there is no clinical or scientific data to support the notion that detox diets or supplements to support any of the claims made by manufacturers of detox products.

I bodies have a wonderful system for removing toxins from our system including the kidneys, liver, lungs and immune system. If these weren't working properly you would know about it, or be dead.

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/data/files/resources/49/Detox-leaflet-Final-Embargoed-until-050109remargin.pdf

jb

When I was wrestling and bodybuilding I had various protein/carb supplements.

On the whole I'm one for a good meal rather than a supplement but the good quality ones were really good quality. It has to be said that in my experience the majority of these supplements on the market are lousy though. It also has to be remembered that they are supplements and not replacemts for a good, balanced meal

I always avoided those that 'shouted' 'tastes great'.

From my own perspective the great tasting ones had very little effect whereas the one's that weren't clogged to the brim with sweetners really did the job. Another thing I picked up was that the one's with a consistancy of fine dry sand tended to be far superior to those that were heavier (and incedentally this almost always matched up with taste - the finer protein powders tended to taste like crap - and thus be exceptional quality)

But it's up to you - people will pay top dollar for rubbish in this market if it's marketed correctly - the above is my personal experience, I am by no means an expert on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

The NHS have been running some trials on these and have had some pretty astounding results.

Check out my facebook page for more info and links to various articles from the NHS and nutritional information of the Body By Vi Plan. However it's important to remember that fad diets are not good, it's a lifestyle that needs to be promoted instead. That's why i love body by vi.

I know I have personal interests, but would only promote what I really believe in. Would love to have you on board if you are serious about promoting a healthy lifestyle in Sheffield! Body by Vi is new in the UK, so promoters who enroll at this early stage will have an amazing market potential.

Check out my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/VisalusUk90DayWeightLossChallenge?fref=ts for lots of testimonies of people who have had their lives changed by this challenge or the website at: http://SarahThornton.bodybyvi.com