What are your experiences fitness supplements, meal replacement shakes

Protein shakes are a quick and easy way of getting protein in to the body without also having the fat/carbs from the food you would have to eat to get the same amount of protein.

I don't see how whey protein has been 'debunked by science'. They contain protein which is required to rebuild the cells damaged through rigorous weight-lifting. If you're not getting your protein from whole foods then getting it from a shake is another way.

I use whey protein to supplement the protein I get in the food I eat. When I don't have it I certainly notice a difference in my recovery.

I'm assuming you are training and your goal is to bulk up? if thats the case, then the training programme/quality of advice from your trainer will be the key thing.

I can see the benefits of quicker recovery, I'd imagine the stress on the muscles must be intense when doing weight lifting.

I don't see how whey protein has been 'debunked by science'. They contain protein which is required to rebuild the cells damaged through rigorous weight-lifting. If you're not getting your protein from whole foods then getting it from a shake is another way.

I use whey protein to supplement the protein I get in the food I eat. When I don't have it I certainly notice a difference in my recovery.

According to a whole selection of trials, the vast majority of those doing exercise, which is those who exercise in a 'moderate' capacity, will gain no or negligent benefit from either using a protein shake or a sports recovery drink.

If you can tell the difference in your recovery then that either means that you are exercising beyond the 'moderate' exercise that most people get, or you are expecting to feel the difference therefore you feel one (i.e. the placebo effect).

For the most part these drinks and protein shakes are only shown to be of any benefit to those exercising at an elite capacity, and amongst lots of elite athletes (for instance the TeamSky pro-cycling team) protein shakes still aren't used. They insist that milk is just about the best recovery drink that exists and it does the job better than all sorts of chemicals in a shake.

According to a whole selection of trials, the vast majority of those doing exercise, which is those who exercise in a 'moderate' capacity, will gain no or negligent benefit from either using a protein shake or a sports recovery drink.

If you can tell the difference in your recovery then that either means that you are exercising beyond the 'moderate' exercise that most people get, or you are expecting to feel the difference therefore you feel one (i.e. the placebo effect).

For the most part these drinks and protein shakes are only shown to be of any benefit to those exercising at an elite capacity, and amongst lots of elite athletes (for instance the TeamSky pro-cycling team) protein shakes still aren't used. They insist that milk is just about the best recovery drink that exists and it does the job better than all sorts of chemicals in a shake.

Well said. Drink Milk.