Dodgy bus driving

Spotted this on YouTube. I'm sure the mods will let me know if this sort of post isn't allowed.

Terrible attitude from the bus driver.

Personally I find most bus drivers in Sheffield to be highly professional and considerate when passing me on my bike.

Blimey that was a bit close for comfort ,shocking .

report this to first

Report it to First by all means, just don't expect anything to be done about it.

I had something similar happen to me and I was on a MOTORCYCLE. Reported it to both the police and First and got nowhere. The police said it was my word against his ergo because he was a 'professional' driver, his word carried more weight.

Maybe the video evidence will swing it but I doubt it tbh.

Me neither. Dont see any reason why they should.

Any reason why this cyclist continued in the right hand lane so far away from the right turn? Ive watched it twice now and it seems to me that if they had moved back over into the cycle lane after overtaking, the bus would have easily pulled out and moved into the right lane ready to turn in plenty of time.

By being stuck out there in the way meant the bus had little choice but to undertake and quickly maneuver right.

Look to me like they caused their own problem.

Having seen the second one the cyclist's attitude was hardly civil. "do you see what I have on my head"... who cares? Doesn't mean you are in the right.

Any reason why this cyclist continued in the right hand lane so far away from the right turn? Ive watched it twice now and it seems to me that if they had moved back over into the cycle lane after overtaking, the bus would have easily pulled out and moved into the right lane ready to turn in plenty of time.

By being stuck out there in the way meant the bus had little choice but to undertake and quickly maneuver right. Look to me like they caused their own problem.

Having seen the second one the cyclist's attitude was hardly civil. "do you see what I have on my head"... who cares? Doesn't mean you are in the right.

Exactly.....

Why can"t we have lcd cameras in the Bus Drivers Seating place,as alot of Bus Drivers do not seem bothered in helping people get to there desinations on time,alot Drivers know they can get away with driving slow because theres no inspectors watching them,Bus timetables seems to be a Waste of in Sheffield as you can never Trust a Driver getting there on the Time Stated,First never seem to show to the Sheffield Public that they are trying to Improve things,so alot of people thinks its a Waste of time Ringing Up an Complaining because they Know nothing is going to be Done,so if Taxi Drivers need cameras fitted why can"t the Buses do the same to make the Bus Drivers change there Attitude an Improve the Service

By being stuck out there in the way meant the bus had little choice but to undertake and quickly maneuver right.

Look to me like they caused their own problem.

I also think the cyclist caused the problem, what was the bus driver supposed to do ? crawl up the hill behind the cyclist ? No I think the bus driver did the right thing. Why didn't the cyclist slow down to allow the bus to go in front ? :huh:

I've found most bus drivers and lorry drivers to be considerate and leave me plenty of room when they overtake.

There was one occasion when a bus driver managed to force me onto the pavement by overtaking me then wanting to pull into the next stop, but for the most part they are OK.

I don't tend to overtake buses because I'm not that fast :hihi: , by the time I've got to the front end they could have moved off, and might not notice me in their mirrors.

Report it to First by all means, just don't expect anything to be done about it.

I had something similar happen to me and I was on a MOTORCYCLE. Reported it to both the police and First and got nowhere. The police said it was my word against his ergo because he was a 'professional' driver, his word carried more weight.

Maybe the video evidence will swing it but I doubt it tbh.

I had it yesterday when a bus took out my wing mirror and rear arch . Did not stop and when I finally caught him he denied doing it although there was a black paint Mark down the side of the bus . Police and stagecoach informed but not optimistic.

I also think the cyclist caused the problem, what was the bus driver supposed to do ? crawl up the hill behind the cyclist ? No I think the bus driver did the right thing. Why didn't the cyclist slow down to allow the bus to go in front ? :huh:

Would the bus driver have been right to do the same thing had it been a car/motorbike?

No he wouldn't and if it were a car/motorbike you'd all be baying for his blood.

To whomever said why didn't the cyclist return to the bike lane and then cross closer to the turning. So you're expecting the cyclist to swing across 3 lanes at the last moment, putting himself in more danger?

Would the bus driver have been right to do the same thing had it been a car/motorbike?

No he wouldn't and if it were a car/motorbike you'd all be baying for his blood.

To whomever said why didn't the cyclist return to the bike lane and then cross closer to the turning. So you're expecting the cyclist to swing across 3 lanes at the last moment, putting himself in more danger?

You obviously dont drive that often , thats something cyclists do on a daily basis.