The Clairvoyant Megathread- all discussion in here please

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

I cannot believe people are still being taken in by these charlatans . If they could really see into the future or the past they wouldn't need to rip people off to make a living , for one thing they could be winning the lottery every week . Wake up people .:huh:

:o:oThey are serious - thats not the way they work , they are not out for profit or pleasure, just to help people !!

:o:oThey are serious - thats not the way they work , they are not out for profit or pleasure, just to help people !!

Then why do they charge people for there services?

It's people like you that encourage these scammers,they con vunerable people usually the recently bereaved.They all charge,none are benefiting anyone but themselves,scumbags the lot of them.Why wouldn't they undergo close scrutiny if they were capable of what they say,the James Randi foundation offer of a million $ still stands but no takers,I wonder why that is? Wake up people and get real.

It's people like you that encourage these scammers,they con vunerable people usually the recently bereaved.They all charge,none are benefiting anyone but themselves,scumbags the lot of them.Why wouldn't they undergo close scrutiny if they were capable of what they say,the James Randi foundation offer of a million $ still stands but no takers,I wonder why that is? Wake up people and get real.

its your opinion no need to voice it so furiously don't try to convert people who belief on here its wrong the way you've given your opinion personally getting to people.

no matter what you say, if someones been to see one of these guys and been told something they belief is impossible for a stranger to know ( which has been known to happen) and don't start sayin yea they guessed someones old n died n begins with a D, because it aint like that. to the person its real then only the dead person and close family know certain things,,..

some hater on a forum wont be able to make people "wake up and get real"

I myself have never seen one or been to anything like this.

personally I don't mind paying £10-£20 just to see what they might say because I need some help but that's something personal I cant get into on here,,

anyway you lot can get on with your chats now just felt this guy needed telling they can voice theyre opinion just don't hate on people etc. same goes for the lot of you. they are a lot of bullys on here, whether that's for grammar or theyre beleifs in ghosts aliens ufos clairvoyants etc etc...

Edited by Tek-no-logic
additional info

its your opinion no need to voice it so furiously don't try to convert people who belief on here its wrong the way you've given your opinion personally getting to people.

no matter what you say, if someones been to see one of these guys and been told something they belief is impossible for a stranger to know ( which has been known to happen) and don't start sayin yea they guessed someones old n died n begins with a D, because it aint like that. to the person its real then only the dead person and close family know certain things,,..

some hater on a forum wont be able to make people "wake up and get real"

I myself have never seen one or been to anything like this.

personally I don't mind paying £10-£20 just to see what they might say because I need some help but that's something personal I cant get into on here,,

anyway you lot can get on with your chats now just felt this guy needed telling they can voice theyre opinion just don't hate on people etc. same goes for the lot of you. they are a lot of bullys on here, whether that's for grammar or theyre beleifs in ghosts aliens ufos clairvoyants etc etc...

You are blind to anyone who tells you the real facts,not one of these people are capable of talking to the dead,predicting the future or any other rubbish they are supposed to do,scammers the lot of them who should be done for obtaining money by deception,you need help ok.

Is it lynn browns number your after ?

I'm wanting Lynn Brown's number, there any chance you could pass it on? Thanks .......

no matter what you say, if someones been to see one of these guys and been told something they belief is impossible for a stranger to know ( which has been known to happen) and don't start sayin yea they guessed someones old n died n begins with a D, because it aint like that.

No it really is pretty much exactly like that. Cold reading can seem extremely effective thanks to confirmation bias.

They throw out loads of letters and first names and you forget all the ones that were meaningless, and remember the 'hits'. So afterwards when you look back it seems amazing but that's only because of our selective memories.

I must say I am rather shocked that people are still falling for this in this day and age..

James Randi offers $1m to anyone who can prove, under laboratory conditions, paranormal activity. He is still waiting to pay out.

No it really is pretty much exactly like that. Cold reading can seem extremely effective thanks to confirmation bias.

They throw out loads of letters and first names and you forget all the ones that were meaningless, and remember the 'hits'. So afterwards when you look back it seems amazing but that's only because of our selective memories.

My sister was killed in a RTC and a good few years later I went to see a clairvoyant. There is no way he could have known that my sisters fiancé wore her engagement ring on a chain round his neck and that is exactly what he told me, so explain that?!

My sister was killed in a RTC and a good few years later I went to see a clairvoyant. There is no way he could have known that my sisters fiancé wore her engagement ring on a chain round his neck and that is exactly what he told me, so explain that?!

I really don't mean to offend you here, honestly, but the truth is you are probably remembering it wrong.

It's not that uncommon a thing to wear an engagement ring around the neck, and if the 'clairvoyant' threw it out there and you latched on to it that's exactly the kind of thing they thrive on.

All they'd have to say was something vague like 'I see a chain around a loved ones neck' and then after observing your reaction start to throw some colour in to flesh it out.

That literally is exactly how they do it, either that or they are an even worse kind of con artist and they had information on you.

Both of those scenarios are millions of times more likely than your sister surviving death and passing a message on to some random person who probably charged you to deliver it.

My advice to others going to these guys would be to ask if you could record your session, then later you can listen back to it and make a note of how many misses they have compared to hits.

Edited by flamingjimmy

It's fairly normal actually, the trick they pull is getting the person they are 'reading' to divulge enough information to make such a guess.

They quickly move on from incorrect guesses so as to not draw attention to them.