The Clairvoyant Megathread- all discussion in here please

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

[/color]Alice bb I am sorry I offend you with a kiss..... What may I ask has darkened your heart so ?

Surely you must believe in some path of creation? Or are you all alone in this world ?

I'm guessing that you mean some sort of supernatural "path of creation" ?

If so, why are you sure that people must believe in stuff like this?

What makes you think that someone would be all alone in this world if they don't have such a belief?

What makes you think their heart is 'darkened' for not having such a belief?

:suspect:

What makes you think that someone would be all alone in this world if they don't have such a belief?

Quite. It's all tosh!

I absolutely do not believe that we must all follow a supernatural path, I do however think that we all are following a path, be that a path paved by your God depending on your religion, a path of Darwinian principal, a path of alien experimentation or indeed a path whose name we do not know. I also don't believe that people should believe in that which I do, for me it's make sense that we are connected to that in which we live.

The all alone comment was again not meaning that poster is actually all alone because they don't believe as I do, I was meaning do they not tread a path as others do..... Maybe they don't realise they follow something.... But surely there is something that motivates them even if they cannot name it.

And I admit the darkened heart comment was most harsh.....their heart is not darkened because they do not see my way.... I felt they were unduly offended at the x representing a kiss.... Symbolism I was using to show that I feel no Ill towards poster not feeling as I do, but was offended when they did not take it as so.

I am here only to please myself and would not ever dream or contemplate hurting another by my feelings

Not exactly...have you ever had that feeling that you know who's is ringing before you see caller id.....ever had a feeling that you should buy a scratch card and you've won etc...

Yes, it's called coincidence and selection bias (you remember the hits and forget the misses). No doubt you've also thought about someone and then the next moment the phone rings and it's them. On the face of it this may seem eerily spooky of psychic, that is until you consider how many times you think of someone and then they don't call... it will be literally hundreds of times a day that you consistently think of someone and they fail to then call.

What would be far more unusual would be to go through your entire life and such coincidences to never happen. Hell, if you could reliably demonstrate an ability for coincidences to never happen to you you'd have Randy's $million in the bag.

jb

That makes perfect sense.... How blinded was I ?

Though Tarot readings are meant to be about guidance in your life, not necessarily to predict your future. I think thats where a lot of the problem can be, some clients may want to only hear what will happen in there future, whereas the cards they choose, may not contain anything about that, but some guidance to do with present or past situations. The future is never set in stone either, a tarot reader can tell you what may occur as a result of decisions you might be making in your life just now, but everyone has free will dont they.

I read the cards when I find myself at a cross roads with a problem right now, not so much a problem but just something that's in my mind i'm having to decide about. And as such the cards chosen are subconsciously the answers I already have.

I do not use the cards to answer questions such as..... Will I get the job?

The future is never set in stone either, a tarot reader can tell you what may occur as a result of decisions you might be making in your life just now, but everyone has free will dont they.

To some extend, free will is around 50% but some things have already been written into your universal code.

Tarot/divinatory systems are not necessarily 'rubbish'.

Yeah, they pretty much are.

Carl Jung, founder of analytical psychology, and, highly intelligent, was an advocate of the 'I ching'. Just as many other highly intelligent people make use of tarot, I ching, religion etc, etc in their spiritual lives.

Many intelligent people believe all sorts of things, lost of them mutually exclusive, doesn't prove a thing and Carl Jung's a terrible authority figure to use for this argument if you're trying to convince people who like real science and not just humanities.

As with most things, tarot can be used stupidly/naively, or, used as they are intended to be used, properly and productively.
Aa they are intended to be used?

You mean as a set of playing cards to play an old card game that was apparently kind of like bridge?

Because that's what they were intended for, it wasn't until centuries later that 'occultists' started pretending to do silly things with them and then started selling them to gullible people like the OP.

I do urge posters on here to study in depth the history of the Tarot. Yes they are connected with the original 'playing cards' but not in the way suggested on here. 'Occultists' do not sell Tarot cards, most decks are mass produced by large publishing houses, ie US Games Systems publishes many many decks. While a few decks MAY have originated from 'Occultists', like the Crowley deck for example, these are very few and far between, and were never actually sold or published by the originators. The Crowley deck was created decades before it was actually finally published in 1969 by a publishing house.

I do urge posters on here to study in depth the history of the Tarot. Yes they are connected with the original 'playing cards' but not in the way suggested on here. 'Occultists' do not sell Tarot cards, most decks are mass produced by large publishing houses, ie US Games Systems publishes many many decks.

18th and 19th century Occultists were the guys who made up all the meanings, sure the guys selling them now aren't occultists anymore, they're just businessmen making money from the gullible. Tarot cards are not ancient and mysterious, they don't pre-date Christianity or anything like that, in fact they used to have Christian imagery on them, one of the cards used to have pope on it! they're just a game.

To some extend, free will is around 50% but some things have already been written into your universal code.

You're making it up.

I went to see her once, but she was closed due to unforeseen circumstances.

Just read your comment about clairvoyants and couldn't stop laughing....Thanks for that.:???????

You're making it up.

Why, how much free will do you really think you have?

It's probably a lot less than 50% if you take stock! :)