Goodbye to Durham my wonderful friend

Run free Durham, go join all your friends, play chase on the clouds ,thoughts & prayers moon

I'm not going to post anything I'd usually say, because I believe we all have one very special pet who graces our life for a while, then leaves us as incomplete as if we'd lost a limb, and I know Durham was that one pet Moon

... just, please, don't try to fill the hole that he's left - it'll take about fifteen dogs, seven cats, three ferrets, and a chinchilla or budgie, and there'll still be a gaping hole ;)

Thank you for your kind words everyone, yesterday unexpectedly became the day that I have feared and dreaded for months, and it was an awful day...but it was for the good of Durham and I'm glad that he is at peace...even though it has broken my heart to say goodbye.

I know that so many people in the group have also lost animals lately and at least in here people understand how it feels without thinking me silly or weak.

It's hard isn't it, to reconcile that last thing we do for our pets as being "for the good of them", it seems so bad. But it is what we need to do and it's because we love them so much that we find the courage to do it.

Bless you Moonbird and as you say, no-one is going to think you "silly or weak" here. We know how raw the pain is right now. Take care of yourself.

Not silly, not weak :)

I'm a firm believer that we have soul mates in this world and some of them happen to have fur. Our furry soul mates are as important as the non-furry ones and losing them will inevitably involve learning to cope with that loss, and for that you have my sympathy Moonbird :(

My thoughts are with you - such a stunning boy who had and gave so many happy years. x

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear this Durham was an absolute star and a wonderful friend and you gave him a lovely life.

RIP Durham.

Thank you so much, I'm glad that lots of you got to meet Durham and to see for yourselves how special he was, he was a Gentleman, he was stunning, he was a cake connoisseur, he was my special Boy and yes I do believe that he was my soul mate, though I know that non animal people may scoff at that, it is their loss to never experience that with an animal.

A whole kennel full of dogs would never even begin to replace Durham, I was lucky to find him and share my life with him, everyone should have at least one Durham in their life.

Someone else's throw away was an amazing gift for me and I was blessed by his love x

He was a special boy MB, words are never enough and he knew he was special

xxx

Yes he was a wonderful dog and always loved his walkies in the local woods always came when called but never really trotted off that far in the first place, he will be sadly missed by everyone in our family :(:(

I remember him when you first brought him home and from that day onward you and Durham had a very special bond.I remember him just sitting and looking at you and you could see the love in his eyes.R.I.P Durham.Hugs Moonbird xxx