Broken car boot lock

hi,

I have a 2004 vauxhall corsa, my central locking works fine on my doors as normal but recently it has stopped working on the boot. I can only open the boot with the key and it is becoming a nuisance.

Can anybody shed any light on what could have caused this problem? I really want to avoid taking to a main vauxhall dealer.

any information will be appreciated.

many thanks.x

Broken cable to the boot lock actuator? I'm not familiar with this car but does the wiring loom bend at or near the boot hinge..there may be a broken wire in there..

thank you for the info, i've got it in the garage next week so i'll mention the above to the mechanic.x

Try and press the locking button while you have the boot latch held in, my car boot lock used to do this but arming or un-arming the locks while the boot button was down sometimes fixed it.

Try and press the locking button while you have the boot latch held in, my car boot lock used to do this but arming or un-arming the locks while the boot button was down sometimes fixed it.

oooh i'll give that a try tomorrow.thanks for that.x :)