Who lived on Clay St Attercliffe

Going back a bit here (1903 to be exact) when Henry and Jane Hilton lived at number 7 Clay Street. Their daughter Kate (my nan) was born in 1903 - don't know how long they lived there but Kate married Walter Motley.

There are a list of who lived on Clay Street in 63/64 (and surrounding streets) in Ann Sapcote's 'My Family & Other Morticians - & other stories from off The Common' ISBN 9780956364951 - I was born on Liverpool Street before moving onto Swallow Street, my Dad was born on Clay Street number 105. The book by Ann is a sequel to 'Once Around The Lump' both fascinating reads .......

Will try both those books for my ex's family, he lived at 100 Clay St, his name is Graham Smith and 3 generations of his family lived at the same address..... Ernest and Phyllis Fish and their daughters Sylvia and Maureen. They have some great stories to tell! Anyone out there who still remembers Graham Smith?

HI, My Grandparents lived on Clay Street, Cant remember what number.  Spent many a school holiday with them. Happy days.

their yard backed onto the schoo yard??  There names where Tom and Elsie Camm.  Big Salvation Army people. Just wondered if anyone remembers them?? They had two daughters Sylvia and Angela. They lived there until Clay Street was Knocked down,

My auntie Patricia (Pat) Lowe was the young girl with callipers to help her hip to straighten out. (She was fine for the rest of her life and to this day.) She hated wearing them, my nan (Grace Lowe) made her put them on every day.

My mum is Barbara Lowe. My uncle Peter Lowe and his twin Sue Lowe. They lived at 109 Clay Street 1954 to 1963. All are alive and well except Pete bless him, who died a few years ago. 

My mum  remembers the Woodhouses, O Conners, Marrisons, Mrs Rumbold,  Bradshaws (on the main road) Alice Unwins, Higgins and Houlstons. My mum says there were 5 neighbours in every yard. 

A few other names from Barbara Lowe at 109 clay Street. 

Paul Bradshaw, Diana Blackmore, Alan Taylor, (worked on the riggs, lost his eye on the 1950s, nickname Waggy Taylor) Mrs Nunn (liked her snuff and a jug of beer through the copper funnel. Lived next door to the Taylors)  

Keith Beaumont, married kath Taylor. Always generous and gave the kids money for sweets outside the shop. My mum still remembers. 

Kath Taylor, Janet Houlston, Margaret Middlelane? All friends of Pat Lowe. 

Hiya is there any Costello family members out there 

• GillyMorag said
Will try both those books for my ex's family, he lived at 100 Clay St, his name is Graham Smith and 3 generations of his family lived at the same address..... Ernest and Phyllis Fish and their daughters Sylvia and Maureen. They have some great stories to tell! Anyone out there who still remembers Graham Smith?

Hi Gilly

This is a long shot, but I am hoping that you maybe able to assist me in a search for Graham Smith.  I have been looking for him for some time  and have found 7 that were born in the 2nd quarter (April to June) of 1952. So far I have eliminated 5 of those as being incorrect. I came across this forum in my search.

The Graham I knew was born in May 1952.  I met him in 1976 when he was living and working in Cambridge.  At that time I worked with him at Pye Business Communications.

We lost touch with each other following my family's move to Australia and would like to reconnect with him. If your ex is the Graham Smith could you please let me know and possible reconnect us.  Also if he is not the person I am searching, please let me know. I am happy for you to message me privately with any information you may have. 

If your ex is the Graham I used to know and he has no interest in reconnecting I would also appreciate a message informing me of his decision.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jeannette