When will we get actual crisps in crisp packets?

Damn shame. Pringles are the best, you open the tube and its actually full of crisps.
They're just the starchy bits left over as part of the process of making "real" crisps. Same with Hula Hoops.

The Walkers trend of a bag full of identical, bland, tasteless crisps killed off real crisps. At least with Golden Wonder you got the odd green one or one that was a bit bad. Walker's are just sterile canvasses onto which they add flavour.

McCoy's have a bit of potato, but the bags are way smaller than when they first launched :-(

So stop buying packets of crisps.

They are bad for you in all sorts of ways.

Eat apples instead.

can only fit one apple in a crisp bag tho Oo

Most of you won't remember Nibits, those were the days my freind, I thought they'ed never end.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

For crying out loud, why is it someone always seems to completely change the original topic? I do not care about gas or musical instruments. When I was young you could open a bag of crisps and there was plenty in! Just saying.

To be fair yesterday I was opening said bag as I was browsing the forum. It is now 4.44am, I am on here as I cannot sleep (and no, it's not cos I've got anger issues with Walkers) due to Insomnia and I couldn't give a rats behind about bags of crisps, gas, mandolins etc.

That said I am going to purchase a bag of Maltesers later so get ready!

Don't do it! They're smaller than they used to be and you don't get as many.

I've seen "twists" mentioned before, perhaps on this thread. Is that a pre 70s thing or a Yorkshire thing? Back home we had little rectangular blue bags.

I remember little blue "twists" in the 60's..

I remember little blue "twists" in the 60's..

Did they look like this, then?

Fascinating.

Did they look like this, then?

Fascinating.

I don't remember if there was any writing in them ..they were just plain blue with a bit of salt in them..they were flat pieces of a greasproof type paper twited up to make a bag for the salt..

I bought a packet of crisps the other day ... one of those big twelvepack Walker's ones (not related to six of the 'Tupack' threads)

As memory serves ... I think there were about seven crisps in the entire plastic conglomeration ... some of the packs containing none. One of them had a tooth in it (thankfully human ... not horse, which we all know is poisonous) which had seen better days and needed to go to the dentists fairly pronto if you ask me (although I don't technically have a license to practice dentistry).

I basically bought a rectangular balloon. Apart from the tooth infested one, the cheese and onion one was suffering from mildew, and the ready salted one had potato blight ... the 'phytopthora infestans' fungus being clearly evident, even to the untrained eye. I blame the Irish.

I accidentally dropped the salt and vinegar one on the floor, so can't really comment. It got severely damaged and beyond human consumption due to treading on it in my carpet slippers. It may have been nice in retrospect and I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, although I eschew salt and vinegar. So maybe not.

Edited by Alcoblog

I don't remember if there was any writing in them ..they were just plain blue with a bit of salt in them..they were flat pieces of a greasproof type paper twited up to make a bag for the salt..

I think they were in Smiths original plain crisp. nowadays it's a little square blue packet of salt in Smiths and a lot less crisp.

Seriously, though, crisps contain some essential nutrients that apples don't.

Such as what, exactly? The only thing I can think of is fat; most only need a small amount of that per day and will almost certainly get as much as they need (and more) in the other things they eat.

I wasn't recommending that OP ate only apples, just substituting them for crisps as a much healthier snack option!

Write and complain tot he crisp manufacturer. More than likely they'll send you some free stuff. Always worth a punt.