Longley Park swimming Lido/Baths

Does anyone remember Longley Park Baths I went there in the late 70's to early 80's when we used to have decent summers:gag: :bigsmile:

my mum used to go in the 70s, i dont rember it personally , but i rember seeing it, i rember going to the park in the 80s hen there was activities in the summer holidays:D

I went there often on the one day of summer we used to get between 1955 & 1960, we didn't swim as it was too cold, we only went to perv on the girls.

Has it gone now ?

There is a long thread on this subject, type longley park baths in the search.

Does anyone remember Longley Park Baths I went there in the late 70's to early 80's when we used to have decent summers:gag: :bigsmile:

i went there in 1982/83 it was good put the pump kept breaking down so they closed it for rest of summer.It wa free wen kids wa at school and in summer hols it wa 10p.

i use to go there in the 50tis. with my friends had some good time.

I packed in going to Millhouse Baths when I found out about Longley baths. whilst it was at the opposite end of the town it was a shade warmer. A normal size pool and well attended. Started going in the mid 50s and continued to the mid 60s. Mostly on a Sunday and in the latter years after work in mid week. Happy times

I remember going to longley in the 70s one of our group fell asleep a d woke up burnt he looked like a stick of red and white rock. Later that week the skin on his chest peeled off in one strip we thought his pain was very funny

i remember the baths in the late 60s early 70s

did you live in the area? if so which school did you go to and when

I did'nt. Caught a bus to town and then a tram to Barnsley Road. Sometimes walked to Heeley and got a tram straight through. Further than Millhouses, but a warmer pool

did you live in the area? if so which school did you go to and when

I LIVED IN LONGLEY AND WENT TO LONGLEY JUNIORS

THEN SHIERCLIFFE/HERRIES SCHOOL LEFT 73