Stop the bedroom tax - petition

I'm not looking for sympathy here but let me broaden the picture. My landlord hasn't paid the mortgage for nearly a year and the building society have been round to the property to start action.

I contacted the council to see if they could help me, they replied once I get the 2 week eviction notice that would mean I was given homeless status. I need an adapted property but that couldn't be guaranteed straight away.

I've found a private landlord with a propert that is somewhat suitable,so that's why I need to move.

I'm very in dependant (stuborn) but still have an overnight carer on average od a dozen times a month.

I've sent paperwork off to the lha and need to wait and see what the reply will be, if they won't help ill stop fighting the descion

Media blackout on the protests in England, even though they are in 50 cities and towns, Scottish ones are massive and getting lots of coverage

welcome to the BBC in England or Pravda as it is should be called...

I'm not looking for sympathy here but let me broaden the picture. My landlord hasn't paid the mortgage for nearly a year and the building society have been round to the property to start action.

I contacted the council to see if they could help me, they replied once I get the 2 week eviction notice that would mean I was given homeless status. I need an adapted property but that couldn't be guaranteed straight away.

I've found a private landlord with a propert that is somewhat suitable,so that's why I need to move.

I'm very in dependant (stuborn) but still have an overnight carer on average od a dozen times a month.

I've sent paperwork off to the lha and need to wait and see what the reply will be, if they won't help ill stop fighting the descion

Toeless

Go with the council they will look after you, you will be priority to get a suitable place but they will need proof of your condition.the DWP will gladly provide their assessment of you so you can show the housing Dept, also they may assess you themselves, its a no brainer go with the council way, you are far better off.

I've tried the council and they won't help as they say my current property is suitable until eviction, then I will have 2 weeks to move out.

I've been stressing about this for the last 6 months and for my own sanity I'm moving to another private landlord, the stress hasn't helped on another amputation needed

This is where the council have got you in their grasp, they know full well that even if they do charge people extra for a room, there is very little stock in the private market that would accept people on low incomes. so basically your stuck!. suck it up people there is a lot worse to come for us all who are already struggling.

I've tried the council and they won't help as they say my current property is suitable until eviction, then I will have 2 weeks to move out.

I've been stressing about this for the last 6 months and for my own sanity I'm moving to another private landlord, the stress hasn't helped on another amputation needed

have you got another place yet don't be to hasty i don't know how you are fixed but all the houses around me require a big bond.

Another question, what happens if those people in houses have pets such as dogs / cats, and are expected to move to flats where these aren't allowed?

I appreciate a lot of people will say 'get rid of them, people come first etc etc'...which I do understand, but imagine the threads on here in a few months time 'hundreds of pets dumped at RSPCA'........, with forummers slandering those who can no longer keep a pet?

It's not relevant to me, but I imagine to many people it will be.

I'm not looking for sympathy here

Why not? That's a pretty crappy position to be in which was out of your control. You held up your end of the deal, your landlord failed at his.

I know he has, it's an awful position to be in. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place but I'm determined to wheel out of here with my head held high and into my new property. Then I'm sure I will have another battle with the equipment and adaptation department. Good job I do get the high care component as I've had to arrange and purchase most equipment needed myself, including hiring a stairlift

I agree with facebook, what a crappy situation to be in. 2 weeks is nowhere near long enough for them to find you an adapted property - homeless status means you have no real say in where they move you to, but if an adapted property is needed, they are few and far between as I found out a few years ago.

I hope you get some real help soon.

Toeless

Go with the council [B]they will look after you[/b], you will be priority to get a suitable place but they will need proof of your condition.the DWP will gladly provide their assessment of you so you can show the housing Dept, also they may assess you themselves, its a no brainer go with the council way, you are far better off.

Such confidence is misplaced in the current climate of cuts.

Do you not realise yet that cuts mean that the council doesn't necessarily have the resources available to help people who need it. Which is why people are protesting against the cuts! (Not that you'd know it from media coverage.)

With the best will in the world, councils are no longer able to help everybody who needs it anymore.

Let's hope that Toeless gets lucky, you are right that he will probably be better off in council accommodation.

Such confidence is misplaced in the current climate of cuts.

Do you not realise yet that cuts mean that the council doesn't necessarily have the resources available to help people who need it. Which is why people are protesting against the cuts! (Not that you'd know it from media coverage.)

Why should there be massive media coverage ? Id rather the media concentrate on more important issues rather than reporting on people complaining about the Govenrment no longer being prepared to pay for rooms that people dont use ,or need.

If someone wishes to rent a home which has extra bedrooms they dont use , then thats their choice as long as they are paying the rent themselves,but the taxpayer should not be picking up the bill for someone to live in a house with spare bedrooms they dont use or need.