Stop the bedroom tax - petition

Is this correct? I know that women due to receive a pension between 60 and 65 don't get a bus pass at 60 but must wait until their official pension age.

Hi stressconsul

have a read at this

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-1679780/New-state-pension-age-retire.html

I could have "retired" at 60 until the messing around with the pensions, Now on the pensions web sight I retire in September this year - AGE 61.75. I renewed my disability bus pass at Xmas age 61, so the bus companies don't count 60 as a pensioner or they would have taken it off me and issued me with a "not before 9.00am" pass.

When someone reaches the age of being officially a pensioner, Do they stop paying the bedroom tax?

I could have "retired" at 60 until the messing around with the pensions, Now on the pensions web sight I retire in September this year - AGE 61.75. I renewed my disability bus pass at Xmas age 61, so the bus companies don't count 60 as a pensioner or they would have taken it off me and issued me with a "not before 9.00am" pass.

When someone reaches the age of being officially a pensioner, Do they stop paying the bedroom tax?

my bold

You have not beenreading this thread have you, nobody pays a bedroom tax.

Yes. Thank you. It seems that the bus pass at over 60 thing now only applies to women born between April 1950 and April 1954. I don't know if this stuff will affect the bedroom tax age though.

hi stressconsul

i could be wrong but i dont think i am its some thing to do with discrimination so every body is classed the same, the poor woman will have to retire at the same age as men when it levels out.

[/b]

my bold

You have not beenreading this thread have you, nobody pays a bedroom tax.

You have not been taking people’s opinion into account have you!

I know it’s not a bedroom tax, You know It’s not a bedroom tax, 99.9% of the population know it’s not a bedroom tax, but that is what almost everybody calls it, who am I to disagree with them,

besides if you have to pay it – It feels like a bedroom tax.

I know it’s not a bedroom tax, You know It’s not a bedroom tax, 99.9% of the population know it’s not a bedroom tax, but that is what almost everybody calls it, who am I to disagree with them,

I will Tell you again YOU DONT PAY IT

Why the nit picking ?

Does it matter what people are calling it ?

It's just the rent which would be due anyways.

The housing benefit bill is 200 million or billion a year. They have to do something.

People make demands for more council housing, yet 60% of it is under occupied. This is the governments answer to pressure tenants into taking more appropriete sized property.

At the end of the day, this is tax payers money that they are administrating

Before any body states they've paid their taxes, what we pay each month onlty goes to pay what was borrowed by the government, so its not like a savings bank.

The government has to payout public funds fairly, bearing in mind there's hardly anyone working and paying tax.

Yes, I know the rich keep bleeding us and nothing ever gets done, but thats always been the same.

It's just the rent which would be due anyways.

The housing benefit bill is 200 million or billion a year. They have to do something.

People make demands for more council housing, yet 60% of it is under occupied. This is the governments answer to pressure tenants into taking more appropriete sized property. At the end of the day, this is tax payers money that they are administrating

Before any body states they've paid their taxes, what we pay each month onlty goes to pay what was borrowed by the government, so its not like a savings bank.

The government has to payout public funds fairly, bearing in mind there's hardly anyone working and paying tax.

Yes, I know the rich keep bleeding us and nothing ever gets done, but thats always been the same.

Which they are not offering though.

Yes. Thank you. It seems that the bus pass at over 60 thing now only applies to women born between April 1950 and April 1954. I don't know if this stuff will affect the bedroom tax age though.

It applies to men too. Men used to get their bus pass at 60 even though their retirement age has been 65 for years. Now they get their pass at the same age as a woman has to be to claim the state pension.