Stop the bedroom tax - petition

pity the politicians cant say the same!!http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/02/ten-lies-told-about-welfare?CMP=twt_gu

I know a couple who rent a three bedroom house, in a less desirable area of Sheffield. There housing benefit is unaffected as they live in private rented accommodation. .

HB for private renting has had a control on it for a while now...

They have from families where one earner pays 40% income tax...

...actually it's if they earn between £50k and £60k, it gets gradually reduced until it's £0. This affects my family as my wife looks after our little one full time.

......but you don't see me moaning about the unfairness of it all. Get over the 'bedroom tax' (which isn't a tax as you're earning bugger all to be taxed on) and suck it up like the rest of us.

...actually it's if they earn between £50k and £60k, it gets gradually reduced until it's £0. This affects my family as my wife looks after our little one full time.

......but you don't see me moaning about the unfairness of it all. Get over the 'bedroom tax' (which isn't a tax as you're earning bugger all to be taxed on) and suck it up like the rest of us.

Is your last sentence addressed to me..?

They have from families where one earner pays 40% income tax...

Just to be pedantic:

Child Benefit has not been removed and is still available to all.

A tax charge has been introduced for higher earning families which takes away the value of claimed Child Benefit on a sliding scale.

Give with the left, take away with the right.

And we wonder why the government gets away with shafting us all.Who in there right mind agrees to another TAX :roll:.Your a traiter to your own country.

Is your last sentence addressed to me..?

No.

Your a traiter to your own country.

It's "you're" and no I'm not.

Not a what?

No.

Its "your" when im at my works comp, as my boss is in and out,so i use the quickest way,instead of trying to find all the ",.' and yes you are because your agreeing to unlawful taxes.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 13:02 ----------

Not a what?

A traiter to his country,please keep up CGK.

No.

Are you really sure about that? Are you really a country in your own right?

[/b]

And we wonder why the government gets away with shafting us all.Who in there right mind agrees to another TAX :roll:.Your a traiter to your own country.

Yep, I agree.

A government that can do anything it likes and get away with it is no better than a dictatorship.

They'll be coming for your hard won savings next, like they did in Cyprus. What you gonna do...?

This petiton will not work at all.

People who have had to claim Housing Benefit who private rent have had their claims based on the actual rooms the household needs and its about time the council etc did this. Why should one set of people be treated different while having to find a property with a higher rent than a social rent.

people fail to realise that this had to happen to ensure all claimants are treated the same and to stop people lieing about who actually lives in the property to get away the Non-dependant charges, people are actually RENTING not owning these properties so the house has tech never been yours anyway. As for the DHP payments, do the council realise there is only one pot of money which is set to certain amount. This payment is open to all people who rent property so the pot of money will run out then what will the goverment use to pawn ppl off with after this has gone?

how can the goverment state a certain amount of money a person can live on then take money off them for ctax extra rooms!

the Goverment fails to see that the north has no jobs due to fact of the tories closeing down production!!!

it appears to be the North always ends up with the worst cuts but they never look dwn south where they have services still which up north have had to cut!!

why do MPs get expenses to get to work where as normal day folk have to pay for this as part of employment!

How about some of these custy MPs give up expenses such as a cleaners rent on a second property before taking and cutting the working age!

Tories have got us where they wanted BELOW them like the 1900s!

Labour are to soft to put their foot down with human rights rubbish

i can honestly say i do not trust any party to run this county at the moment!