Stop the bedroom tax - petition

housing benefit supports private rental income

That's nothing to do with the article you linked.

That's nothing to do with the article you linked.
its supports both the issues here he gets to stay in a private rented accomadation paid for by hb and will he be paying the extra out of his benefits also will he have to downsize

The council shouldn't use the term "bedroom tax" because its not a tax; they use immotive terms like that to whip people, that they assume are stupid, into a frenzy.

I think people should kick up a fuss about this particular legislation.

It's poorly thought out, it's punitive and it's discriminatory. It's aimed purely at those in greatest need.

Why aren't the government taxing those who own multiple houses?

Why aren't the government legislating against their own corrupt colleagues (MPs) who claim payment for second homes, when they live within walking distance of Westminster?

Why aren't they clamping down on the corruption that pays for duck-houses in MP's gardens? or claiming £59,000 + for wallpaper...

Disabled people should be able to stay in properties that have been adapted to their needs, and live there without penalties.

Non-residential parents SHOULD be allowed a second bedroom for their overnight access to their children. (So much for the "Family Values" of the Tories... This legislation will lead to more crime and fractured families)

It's not emotive (note spelling) rhetoric, it's the truth.

And P T This is only the beginning you mark my words, There is another two years of this, i can just here the words of the next government, The tory's made such a mess of it they are in more debt now than when they first took office, So we have to make these severe cuts. you are going to get it no matter who you vote for.

And P T This is only the beginning you mark my words, There is another two years of this, i can just here the words of the next government, The tory's made such a mess of it they are in more debt now than when they first took office, So we have to make these severe cuts. you are going to get it no matter who you vote for.

I foresee the return of the workhouse, in the not-too-distant future, for those of us unfortunate enough to have to rely on benefits, Kidley.

To True P T it has been on t.v news that this Government is going to bring in food coupons for the poor, that has got to be a bad testament for this country

What about this then .. the council gave us a two bedroom flat which we have improved to a decent standard , We pay full rent as we dont get benefits , my wife and i are pensioners and as you know we sometimes have a bed each for health reasons so will we have to pay the tax as we are paying for a 2 bedroom property?

What about this then .. the council gave us a two bedroom flat which we have improved to a decent standard , We pay full rent as we dont get benefits , my wife and i are pensioners and as you know we sometimes have a bed each for health reasons so will we have to pay the tax as we are paying for a 2 bedroom property?

no NONONONONO

I take it you didn't bother to read the earlier information given, which says, quite clearly that:-

Pensioners, and those who pay full rent, and are not on benefits will be unaffected?

Pensioners are exempt from the bedroom tax.

The Departnment of Work & Pensions [DWP] have also recently back-tracked by stating that where a couple are of mixed age, i.e., one is a pensioner and one isn't, they too will be exempt from the bedroom tax.

Pensioners are exempt from the bedroom tax.

The Departnment of Work & Pensions [DWP] have also recently back-tracked by stating that where a couple are of mixed age, i.e., one is a pensioner and one isn't, they too will be exempt from the bedroom tax.

For the time being, Redrobbo! Only for the time being. I read that the legislation will soon be changed (again!!) so that the couple will not be entitled until both are over pension age.

Just another councillor/politicain that says one thing, but if he were in power he would be doing something similar. The Labour party do not oppose this housing benefit cut.

It isn't who said it that's important, but what he said. They are the facts:

7,000 households need to move because of the under occupancy legislation, the council lets 4,000 properties a year, and thay have 12,000 people on the waiting list.

There simply isn't the accommodation for them to move into.