Stop the bedroom tax - petition

If that's your choice .... so be it.

Nope my choice will be to let my wife and children take the 3 bed offered and I'll find myself my own place. I would probably qualify for my own three bed, two at minimum.

They'll only end up paying twice as much in housing benefits and LHA.

Not to mention additional benefits to pay to a single mother etc etc.

And it'll only cost me water rates and an additional removal truck.

But back to my point, how do they justify charging twice as much as my landlord?

Or better yet I could just let the wife and kids move into the property offered, Ironically then I'd be entitled to the whole 4 rooms here, on my own.

One for me, two for the children to stay at weekends and the 4th then qualifies for a non-residential carer.

It only costs me water rates and one removal truck.

Like I say this logic emanating from downing street is ludicrous, Cameron's idea of strengthening families eh. We were only staying together for the kids benefit, if it is going to rob my kids of over £100 a month then it will have to change.

Edited by Digsy

Nope my choice will be to let my wife and children take the 3 bed offered and I'll find myself my own place. I would probably qualify for my own three bed, two at minimum.

How does a single person qualify to require more than one bedroom? If you don't mind me asking.

They'll only end up paying twice as much in housing benefits and LHA.

Not to mention additional benefits to pay to a single mother etc etc.

And it'll only cost me water rates and an additional removal truck.

It'll cost you not living with your family as well.

But back to my point, how do they justify charging twice as much as my landlord?

They won't be charging you anything, or indeed stopping your HB as it doesn't apply to private property rentals, even if funded by HB.

Or better yet I could just let the wife and kids move into the property offered, Ironically then I'd be entitled to the whole 4 rooms here, on my own.

How so?

One for me, two for the children to stay at weekends and the 4th then qualifies for a non-residential carer.

Having children stay over doesn't qualify someone for any additional rooms.

It only costs me water rates and one removal truck.

Like I say this logic emanating from downing street is ludicrous, Cameron's idea of strengthening families eh. We were only staying together for the kids benefit, if it is going to rob my kids of over £100 a month then it will have to change.

The logic makes perfect sense, there are a lot of people in council houses that are larger than they need, and there are a lot of people who need larger council houses and can't get them.

I stand corrected, which is good, I have nothing to worry about.

Damn misleading webpages.

When did they get rid of the spare room cover for visiting children?

Edited by Digsy

I stand corrected, which is good, I have nothing to worry about.

Damn misleading webpages.

When did they get rid of the spare room cover for visiting children?

Never had it AFAIK. But it's been made clear as part of the reduction in HB for having extra rooms that a justification for having one doesn't include people who stay sometimes (people including children). Only the primary carer qualifies to have a room for the children.

Never had it AFAIK. But it's been made clear as part of the reduction in HB for having extra rooms that a justification for having one doesn't include people who stay sometimes (people including children). Only the primary carer qualifies to have a room for the children.
Appalling. What about the Jacuzzi and the butler? Can't believe how cruel this tory government is being.

Oh I thought they did, shows what I know.

Tbh I've only just cottoned onto the whole bedroom tax thing, I've been sheltered from the news etc for the last few months.

I don't mind the council tax subsidy, it's only right we pay for the services required. But boy would I have had a gripe if I was going to be charged double from the council than what the landlord charges for my room.

God I do feel sorry for anyone in my position that is in a council property.

And yes I am in favor of reforming the housing situation to suit families, we spent a few years overcrowded with 6 in a two bed at the end, I know exactly how it feels to be on the receiving end.

The council offered us a three bed right next door to a known drug dealer (hard drugs), who had also got a three bed all to himself. We turned it down and settled for being overcrowded when fortune struck and we got this place.

Edited by Digsy

Apologies if this has been covered on here but I want to get this in front of as many people as possible....

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/we-could-stop-bedroom-tax-if-we-chose.html

Straight over everyones head :roll: and they wonder why the gov just do what they want.

Straight over everyones head :roll: and they wonder why the gov just do what they want.

It would never work, there are to many cant be bothered let some one els do it, in this country. but i will have the benefits if some one els does it and they succeed.:gag:

Apologies if this has been covered on here but I want to get this in front of as many people as possible....

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/we-could-stop-bedroom-tax-if-we-chose.html

That just seems to be a lot of rhetoric about "fighting" as if benefit claimants have something they can withdraw. A worker can go on strike. Not a recommended course of action at the moment but they can withdraw their labour. Someone reliant on their taxpaying neighbours for everything is going to withdraw what?

That just seems to be a lot of rhetoric about "fighting" as if benefit claimants have something they can withdraw. A worker can go on strike. Not a recommended course of action at the moment but they can withdraw their labour. Someone reliant on their taxpaying neighbours for everything is going to withdraw what?

It is great to see someone objective supporting the plight of the benefits recipient.If everyone showed such solidarity we could soon sort out many issues.:)