Teacher trainer days

I just do not get teacher trainer days kids are off all next week why can't teachers come in next week for training but no lets shut school on Friday that's a good idea

i just do not get teacher trainer days kids are off all next week why can't teachers come in next week for training but no lets shut school on friday that's a good idea

h o l i d a y s

H o l I d a y s .... Are next week tomorrow is a teacher trainer day are you telling me teachers need a week off

...because teachers only have a 39 week contract that's why. Would you work on days that you were not getting paid for?

Teacher trainer days used to be called Baker days because he was the education secretary when they were brought in. He brought them in to punish the naughty teachers for exercising their right to strike. They have come off the teacher's holiday entitlement in the first place. The children get exactly the same amount of holidays as they did before. These days ARE taken from the teachers holidays. Hope this explains clearly.

yes i dont understand that

Let me explain.On a Sunday when the bank is shut,they organise a training day.The staff are paid for sacrificing their leisure time;some people would shut the bank and run the courses on a weekday.Which do you think is the most sensible option?

1.Sunday

2 Weekday

Teachers need every bit of time off they can get - the job's exhausting.

Training days are usually very intense and no holiday.

H o l I d a y s .... Are next week tomorrow is a teacher trainer day are you telling me teachers need a week off

In my view the teachers should take their holidays when the kids are in school,and take advantage of cheaper holidays.

...because teachers only have a 39 week contract that's why. Would you work on days that you were not getting paid for?

they get paid its in there salary

Their salary is part of a contract that stipulates a set length of holiday.

No they are contracted to 1265 hours a year, not 52 weeks, which is about 39 weeks (190 days when the children are at school plus 5 days training)...

Edited by Lucy-Lastic