Do you grow Orchids?

I keep a few Orchids as they flower on an annual basis for months on end and don't give me hayfever. Most are Phalaenopsis but I have one with long strap like leaves that has grown very large. I don't know what its called as Ive lost the label. Its too large for me to keep it somewhere that suits its requirements. If anyone would like this plant (free of charge) pm me and come to collect. I live in Laughton en Le Morthen, near Dinnington.

I once grew a day lily and went to caravan from Fri to Sun and the flaming thing bloomed on the Saturday:roll::roll: Next time I'm taking it with me:hihi::hihi:

There is an Orchid Society in the area. Might be worth trying.

I have done thanks. The lady said it was a kind offer so I sent a photo and said I wasn't in a rush but it isn't being kept in idea conditions so the sooner the better. It is currently quite a healthy plant and it is an orchid as I have seen it flower and it matched the label it came with but I don't have it now. I last emailed her a few weeks ago when we had the snow so I'm assuming that nobody lives near enough to want to collect it.

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 08:14 ----------

The lady from the Orchid Society emailed me yesterday, she said my photos had gone in junk mial. She is coming to collect the Orchid Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sounds like you have a Cymbidium Chez2....

Thats exactly what the lady from the Orchid Society said it was when she picked it up!

Don't like to blow my own trumpet, but I sure do know my stuff lol... No, it is probably the most common Orchid after Phalaenopsis... Hows the Chickens doing????

Chickens are fine thanks. I'm just wondering if I should start hatching since the cocks are starting to do their biz. ;)

MMmmmm... Never really had the time to get into Chickens... Or the Space... Really keen to have a go at Bee Keeping though... I have just started doing a lot propagating, mainly Perennials. Which I hope to sell. I was fed up of buying stuff for peoples gardens that i do last year at silly prices, so I thought I would grow a load this year, then put the profit in my own pocket. Bad news is, lots of pricking out to do...