King Edward VII Hospital on Rivelin Valley

I was in King Edward VII Hospital from 1947 to 1951 on Observation and then Ward A1. I have a few photos taken by myparents on visiting days and some taken by the staff. I was May Queen one year. I think I was six.

I remember the circus, specially the elephant and llamas. I am trying to write my life story but there are a lot of blanks in my memory.

Dr Patterson was followed by Mr E G Hertzog in1949

• 1 year later...

Hello,

"research2013

King Edward VII Hospital on Rivelin Valley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in King Edward VII Hospital from 1947 to 1951 on Observation and then Ward A1. I have a few photos taken by my parents on visiting days and some taken by the staff. I was May Queen one year. I think I was six.

I remember the circus, specially the elephant and llamas. I am trying to write my life story but there are a lot of blanks in my memory.

Dr Patterson was followed by Mr E G Hertzog in1949"

I am trying to understand more about my father's experiences in and out of this hospital for nine years between the years 1936 (aged 2) and 1955. He was being treated for TB. I am researching so that I can write a family book.

There was a happy ending as my father met my mother who was nursing here and they had a happy life together.

Please do any of you know of any written accounts about the treatment of TB, personal accounts or photographs? It feels as if little is known about this time and place. I strongly believe this experience for so many children needs to be remembered and recorded.

Anything you feel able to share would be very much appreciated.

• 1 year later...