Pig meat found in 100% beef meatballs

I see China have now got in on the Tesco scandal, apparently they are selling quarter pandas

I dont know what all the fuss is about. we all know that sausage, kebabs, hot dogs, et al are all full of the parts that arent eaten elsewhere and no-one has died or got ill becuase they have eaten pig, cow, sheep, deer, dog, cat, horse or guinea pig (delicacy in other countries)

since when did the horse become the animal we cant eat, i've had kangaroo, squid, snail and god knows what else without knowing what it is. as long as the animal is killed in the quickest and most humane manner possible (which is more important than the type of animal killed) and the meat is cooked properly then i couldn't care if it was dolly the sheep or black beauty.

Other countries eat horse and other animals so why not here?

Its a matter of provenance and not being misled into thinking that you're eating something that you're not.

Thanks for cheering me up - some valid points here, but some of you are well funny! :hihi::hihi:

DAM THAT THATCHER WOMAN!!!

Which government do you actually mean...the current or past??

How bizarre.:hihi:

Just found out my chocolate pudding contains 100% mousse.

It could be worse :gag:

I dont know what all the fuss is about. we all know that sausage, kebabs, hot dogs, et al are all full of the parts that arent eaten elsewhere and no-one has died or got ill becuase they have eaten pig, cow, sheep, deer, dog, cat, horse or guinea pig (delicacy in other countries)

since when did the horse become the animal we cant eat, i've had kangaroo, squid, snail and god knows what else without knowing what it is. as long as the animal is killed in the quickest and most humane manner possible (which is more important than the type of animal killed) and the meat is cooked properly then i couldn't care if it was dolly the sheep or black beauty.

Other countries eat horse and other animals so why not here?

Does America, you'd think so,

http://www.americanhorsemeat.com/uploads/Ppt0000002.pdf

So pork has been found in Beef meatballs, its hardly a major issue is it. We all eat beef and pork and lamb ,so whys it matter whats in the meatball.People are getting in a flap over nothing.

So pork has been found in Beef meatballs, its hardly a major issue is it. We all eat beef and pork and lamb ,so whys it matter whats in the meatball.People are getting in a flap over nothing.

The whole thing is out of control !!

And so far no one wants the blame!!!

People don't seem to be bothered, until someone becomes Ill, or dies due to contaminates in these prohibited meats.

Flap over nothing until someone suffers the consequences.

I agree, but I think the major issue is sorry if been mentioned, but horse-meat sold and described as beef, it's not illegal to sell HM but it is to put a wrong descriptor in it.

The whole thing is out of control !!

And so far no one wants the blame!!!

People don't seem to be bothered, until someone becomes Ill, or dies due to contaminates in these prohibited meats.

Flap over nothing until someone suffers the consequences.

As yet i havnt seen any human hurdling the garden fence or running in the 5.20 at Kempton Park , so i dont think theres too much to worry about.

As yet i havnt seen any human hurdling the garden fence or running in the 5.20 at Kempton Park , so i dont think theres too much to worry about.

A crude attempt at gambling human odds ! You need to look much deeper into this, but don't let me elaborate, just wait and see.

For all you know your Sunday carvery might not be as it seems !

There are several things the matter with it. First, we pay our taxes, which get given to both defra and the EU to ensure mislabeling of food does not happen. We should have a reasonable expectation that they then do their job, they have clearly failed.

Second, we should expect to receive what we pay for from suppliers. If someone sells me beef, I expect beef, not pork, just as if I buy a carrot I expect a carrot not a parsnip. The fact I eat both is irrelevant.

Third and most important is this is food, stuff we ingest. If they cannot even get the species right then how likely is it all the other regulations which have real potential health impacts are being adhered to?