Lowfield parents using bike lane on Asline Road as a car park

No they wont.

My cousin works for them and theyve been asked by local elders to turn a cut them some slack for now as they dont want it to stir up local tension.

Ah, the race card being played :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Complain to the school rather than whinge on here.

And what exactly do you think the school would be able to do about it?

There's a basic lack of sympathy on this thread (to be expected), but also in the attitude that parking in a cycle lane is an acceptable thing to do - it's actually extremely dangerous. First, for the cyclist who is using the lane, who as adamf says above has their visibility shut down and is endangered by the traffic they have to face, but also to the kids who will then have to mingle with the same cyclists who are trying to avoid their parents' obstructive vehicles. Gr.

o.k. now it makes sense. thanks.

Happy to help! Nice to see an open mind here. :)

You have to ask yourself one thing. What did I do before cycle lanes?

Just ride on the pavement and if you accidentally smack into one of the adults just say its because you aren't able to use the cycle lane.

To be honest, most of them are crap. But bus-cycle lanes and contraflow lanes are genuinely useful.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 13:39 ----------

Just ride on the pavement and if you accidentally smack into one of the adults just say its because you aren't able to use the cycle lane.

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Ooo, I think I know this one.

Did I park my car on double yellow lines instead in the cycle lanes? :suspect:

I must say that having lived in Germany for a number of years, I can see how poor our half arsed attempts at cycle paths are!

Ooo, I think I know this one.

Did I park my car on double yellow lines instead in the cycle lanes? :suspect:

Ha, good one!

No they wont.

My cousin works for them and theyve been asked by local elders to turn a cut them some slack for now as they dont want it to stir up local tension.

I've checked with Parking Services directly and this is not true.

Now they are aware of the problem, they will carry out some enforcement.

a cyclist is trying to obey the law ie riding on cycle lanes as supposed to do or the road, and not the pavements which is illegal not sure about the law on car parking on cycle lanes but would imagine not supposed to do

good on the cyclist for obeying the law

a cyclist is trying to obey the law ie riding on cycle lanes as supposed to do or the road, and not the pavements which is illegal not sure about the law on car parking on cycle lanes but would imagine not supposed to do

good on the cyclist for obeying the law

Looking at the streetview images, it looks like a cycle path, not a cycle lane.

If it were a cycle lane, cars can only enter it if the dividing line is dotted. If it is a continuous line, then they cannot enter at all. In the case of the dotted line, then whether or not you can park depends on the individual parking/waiting restrictions. For example, there is a cycle lane on Clarkehouse Road, but for most of the day it is unusable because of legally parked cars.

However, on the basis that it is a cycle path, then the cars should not be parked there at all. It is just like the footpath. In addition, there are double yellow lines so these apply both to the road and to the pavement/cyclepath/footpath beyond.