Working for free breached laws banning slavery and forced labour

Either way, she'll lose.

1. HMG appeals to SC and wins.

2. (If HMG does not appeal OR appeals and loses) Parliament re-writes the offending rules.

Either way, she'll lose.

1. HMG appeals to SC and wins.

2. (If HMG does not appeal OR appeals and loses) Parliament re-writes the offending rules.

You mean they can re-write the rules to make it a condition that those on JSA must do 'slave labour? ' So what was the point of challenging the government in the first place?

theres words to describe people like you fortunatly i cant use them on a family forum :suspect:

"Common"?

Like it or not, she has tarred herself in the eyes of very many employers. When you have a twelve inch high stack of CV's you might not need to choose the one that's been in the papers.

I'm not saying it's right either way, I'm just pointing out the reality.

You mean they can re-write the rules to make it a condition that those on JSA must do 'slave labour? ' So what was the point of challenging the government in the first place?

Yes. The issue at hand was whether parliament had given authority to the DWP to do what they did, the judges ruled they hadn't. The government are now drafting a bill to give them that explicit authority. The judgement has nothing to do with the thread title which is inaccurate.

"Common"?

Like it or not, she has tarred herself in the eyes of very many employers. When you have a twelve inch high stack of CV's you might not need to choose the one that's been in the papers.

I'm not saying it's right either way, I'm just pointing out the reality.

so when she cant find employment and the reasons are what you described i hope she takes those employers/dwp to court.

so when she cant find employment and the reasons are what you described i hope she takes those employers/dwp to court.

I don't think "being in the papers for being a chippy little sod" is something you can claim about under discrimination laws.

Since when can you sue an employer for not employing you?

I find one aspect of this confusing.

If she was drawing dole money she would not be entitled to take paid work.

If Poundland had paid her she wouldn't have got dole money.

I find one aspect of this confusing.

If she was drawing dole money she would not be entitled to take paid work.

If Poundland had paid her she wouldn't have got dole money.

correct to both

But would she be working now if she hadn't been forced to work at Poundland? Did it give her a reality check?

If she'd gone unquestioned no doubt she'd still be there, volunteering at the pen museum, being a drain on the country.

Maybe I should quit my job and claim benefits until my dream job of bikini inspector or beer taster comes up? Why don't we all?

I'm genuinely amazed that you can be so sure of what will have happened in a parallel reality involving someone you know next to nothing about!

But would she be working now if she hadn't been forced to work at Poundland? Did it give her a reality check?

If she'd gone unquestioned no doubt she'd still be there, volunteering at the pen museum, being a drain on the country.

Maybe I should quit my job and claim benefits until my dream job of bikini inspector or beer taster comes up? Why don't we all?

what do you think about mps being a drain on the country because they have failed to do the job?