Page Hall Firth Park 1950s1960s

Christ the place is a muslim ghetto

It's a bit harsh calling the present-day Page Hall a ghetto; I think the word 'slum' would be more appropriate. It is a very untidy place, with a eye-watering amount of litter strewn across the streets.

Regarding the junction of Cammell Road and Bolsover Road, is it true that area suffered a direct hit from a bomb in WWII? I'd often wondered why that corner of the street had no houses on. There had been garages there for several years, before they were recently demolished and apartments built in their place.

Hi Joker Yes I suppose slum would be an apt name, we are coming to the uk in Sept so I will pay a visit,it was bad the last time I was over there, regarding cammell road yes it did get a direct hit, we used to play on the bomb site when we were kids we found all sorts of stuff as masks a couple of tin hats and shrapnel,

My mum, dad and brother lived on Cammel Road during the war when it was bombed and then moved up the bank to Granby Road. I grew up there from 1949 to 1970. It was always a "bit draughty" up there but we had views over Sheffield towards Firvale Infirmary at the front of the house and Wincobank from the back. I've always had to live somewhere with a bit of space around me....couldn't live in a built up area after growing up at the top of that hill!!

Hi Coddy I lived on Cammell down the bottom number 5 from about 1949 to 1965 we probably know each other I went to hucklow rd then hide house

I think it was 1965/6 I used to stand on the Bank steps at Pagehall, selling the Sheffield Star, wouldn't do it now.

Hi John, I know you are new to the site so I was wondering if you have come across the Picture Sheffield Site. If you haven't, try it out, there are hundreds of pics of old sheffield on there and you can select the ones you look at by picking the area/ roads, streets etc.

It was a great place to grow up but rubbish now

My mum, dad and brother lived on Cammel Road during the war when it was bombed and then moved up the bank to Granby Road. I grew up there from 1949 to 1970. It was always a "bit draughty" up there but we had views over Sheffield towards Firvale Infirmary at the front of the house and Wincobank from the back. I've always had to live somewhere with a bit of space around me....couldn't live in a built up area after growing up at the top of that hill!!

should have tried delivering milk up there in the winter i remember once a younge girl lent ma and my mate her sledge to put a few crates of milk on that woud be about 1951 time

Yes i lived on Idsworth Rd in the early 60's and it was a good place to live ,I went to Hucklow Rd infants .I can remember Mc Gregers shop and Bill Beavers motor cycles .Its a shame to see it as it is now and find it upsetting if i have to pass thru.Makes you feel angry:mad:

Dont go there mate it will break you heart I grew up on page hall its been destroyed Fir vale is bad as well :mad:

You are not wrong it's a shame,we have lived in area over 30 yrs.