Househunting for good public transport areas

heh-faar

Hello,

My partner and I are looking to buy our first house but are experiencing some difficultly finding a good area to live as we need good public transport services to and from Sheffield city centre as we both work full time in the centre.

Does anyone know any areas with particularly good transport services?

The transport must run more than once an hour and until at least midnight as my partner works unsocial hours and he cannot drive. The area doesn't have to be in Sheffield but must be in South Yorkshire and the closer to sheffield the better really.

Please bare in mind we will not be able to afford a house worth more than £100,000 so high end areas would be out of the question but on the other side of the equation we are not willing to live in any really rough areas as we would like to stay in the house we buy for a long time and have children there in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Some houses round the hillsborough area go for the 100k mark. Very handy for public transport and the tram runs more hours than the busses do

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'll second that. The tram runs until after midnight, and takes about 20 mins on average to get to town. The primary schools at Malin Bridge and around lower Walkley (Sacred Heart & Rivelin) have reasonable reputations too.

I'll second that. The tram runs until after midnight, and takes about 20 mins on average to get to town. The primary schools at Malin Bridge and around lower Walkley (Sacred Heart & Rivelin) have reasonable reputations too.

The last tram from town is about 2340ish (depending where you get on). But there is a 52 bus at midnight. After that you're either walking, cycling, getting a lift or cabbing. The bits of Walkley nearest town are walkable so maybe a better bet than Hillsbro itself.

Another option is a flat in or close to the city centre. It wouldn't be a big one but might suit you for a bit while you have a closer look at areas to live.

Edited by Bilge

i live on waterthorpe near crystal peaks and public service to sheffield excellent.bus station with buses to town every 5 mins,trams every 10 mins that good i dont drive anymore just use bus pass.no more trouble than any estate i know,but keep away from westfield

Anywhere within a few minutes walk of Chesterfield Rd or Woodseats Rd would be ideal.

Loads of buses and only about 10 mins into town.

Can even walk it in 25 mins.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25094910.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40296416.html

Or off Abbeydale Rd

Mate used to live near to this one.

Good little houses and close to town.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34601725.html

Thanks for all the advice. Really not looking for a flat as I own 3 ducks and so need a garden and don't want to have to move when we have children.

I've been looking at wincobank and woodhouse but the only ones in woodhouse so far seem to be on the badger estate. I've been warned away from this area by a couple of people in the past is it actually bad or just an exaggeration?