Richmond - near the fish pond and shops

Hi

Have seen a house very near the shops, Richmond Pub and the fishpond and wanted an honest opinion of what this area is like as I know it is very close to Woodthorpe.

Any info would be great!

What road is it on? I have a friend who lives on Richmond Hall Road, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't hang around there after dark, or walk up to those shops. The few times I've been in the Richmond Pub, I've left before finishing my pint because of a very 'ominous' atmosphere in there.

It's certainly NOT a bad area........ but it's not the best either.

I always think that if you are happy and feel safe in an area, sod what anyone else thinks.

All I can suggest is you visit the area at a couple of different times of day / night and see what you think.

My ex wife lives VERY close to the pond, she got broken into twice in one week, visitors being threatened by the scrotes across the road, etc, etc...

Yes the house is a fairly new build just begin the shops like the spa. Hmm doesn't sound too appealing! Thanks!

I live close to there. The shops aren't bad but I don't go at night time.

Its the other shops in the heart of Woodthorpe that are rough as a bears bum so I never venture in there.

I've had no problems, yet..touch wood. My roads very quiet with bought houses and the odd housing association ones.

I wouldn't recommend going into a council house on there though as I know a few bad eggs are about. Its a shame for the civilised people of Woodthorpe who mean no harm.

its not all.that bad on.there depends what your used to being around in general. my family live all around the area and to be honest most of the 'trouble' is from school aged children up to a bit of mischeif. not been in.the oub for a few years but know people who do and there not bad people.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It's not the area it used to be, same as Woodhouse. But in the scheme of things it isn't the worst in the world.

I would never have a house that close to the shops though. You would be better off with a house a bit further away. The Richmond, the co-op, the off license attract too much of other kinds of 'business'.

I live on Richmond road up near the medical centre I have lived here for about a year I rarely go to the shops at night. Not my ideal place I wanted I would not like to live anywhere further down. But the Chinese is one of the best I have every had!!