Help needed with wireless connector for sky on demand

We have set up our wireless connector for sky on demand message pops up on tv saying sevice connection Failed

Can anyone tell me what to do

Many Thanks

Mine is hardwired so not sure how the wireless setup works. Do you not have to connect as you would with any other wireless device?

Everything connected up but not working for some unknown reason

have you put the correct password in for the wireless network.I have one of the for on demand and its great

Yes Ive connected to router straight away

Been through all that but still get message saying service connection failed its driving me nutty Ive turned it off now before I throw it through the window

Note: Customers with Thomson boxes, older Sky+ boxes (white boxes) and Digiboxes (black or white) will not get On Demand or Catch Up services. If you are unsure which Sky+HD box you have, press services on your Sky remote and scroll right to Settings. Press select and then scroll right to Details and check the version number. Thomson boxes have a version number of 4E30.

Check your box. You may have one of the above.

Ive checked and its not one of those boxes

Is it just Service Connection which is failing or everything?

If Local Connection is OK and you are showing an IP Address, then WiFi is working fine, its the connection to Skys servers that is failing.

You will need to give Sky a call to check if you account is enabled for the service. I'm not sure how it works now, but when I signed up it was still called Anytime+ and you had to request the service be added to your Sky account before it would work.

You may also be able to check from the Sky website as it seems to show up on the My Sky, My Package page under "TV Package Extras". If On Demand is not listed on there, you definitely need to call Sky to get it sorted.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Just a stab in the dark as don't have Sky. Could it be port forwarding or some other setting in the router that needs setting up.