Best place for a curry in sheffield?

Indian Gardens at Meersbrook is fantastic. Decor is lacking a little but grub is good. Shapla's would be my choice of the city centre restaurants. All the ladies will get a carnation there too :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I've never had an Indian down the Wicker/Spital Hill.

I'd probably love the food, but I'm afraid that area at night puts me off going down there.

Regards

Doom

the Aagrah on Leopold square is just the best- I've been going to Aagrah restaurants since I was about 8 (they have a small chain including skipton where I used to live)! The dishes are varied and authentic, and it's not cheap but not super expensive- about £8.50 for a curry, rice etc are extra. They do a very nice buffet some nights as well. I could probably make a whole meal just out of their popadoms and tomato and onion dip, mmm...

the Aagrah on Leopold square is just the best- I've been going to Aagrah restaurants since I was about 8 (they have a small chain including skipton where I used to live)! The dishes are varied and authentic, and it's not cheap but not super expensive- about £8.50 for a curry, rice etc are extra. They do a very nice buffet some nights as well. I could probably make a whole meal just out of their popadoms and tomato and onion dip, mmm...

Been 3 times and haven't found it to be anything other than average. It's also really really noisy and quite a rushed experience.

Been 3 times and haven't found it to be anything other than average. It's also really really noisy and quite a rushed experience.

I'd agree with the noisy bit- it seems to be popular for large parties, and the staff don't ask people to keep it down. We usually avoid on a friday or saturday. I have also found that the service can be hit and miss. Never experience any problems at the Aagrah in Skipton or Shipley so I think it's just the size of the sheffield one that causes problems. But, saying all that, I'd still go back for the (I think) great food!

I love Kashmiri Aroma on Chesterfield Road - food was outstanding

I love Kashmiri Aroma on Chesterfield Road - food was outstanding

I'm sure I've said It before many times! but absolutely, Kashmiri is the best curry in Sheffield, without a doubt!

Those who haven't tried it - should!

I'm sure I've said It before many times! but absolutely, Kashmiri is the best curry in Sheffield, without a doubt!

\

On 7 posts I'm pretty sure :suspect:

Is it Indian or Pakstani kashmiri?Do they do masala dosas with pureed brinjal and ladyboys' fingers?

\

On 7 posts I'm pretty sure :suspect:

That was actually me :roll:

Shared computer with someone else logged in when I posted.

Have you been there out of interest? :suspect:

---------- Post added 21-02-2013 at 21:39 ----------

Is it Indian or Pakstani kashmiri?Do they do masala dosas with pureed brinjal and ladyboys' fingers?

Ladyboys fingers? :suspect: Bwahahahhahaa! I assume you mean Okra?

Pakistani, and never heard of them before, but then never have I heard Okra called ladyboys fingers. :D

butlers without a doubt is the best curry ive ever had and the service is tip top

Cutlets spice one of if not the best I've had in Sheffield

+1 :love::love::love: