Please do not feed foxes !!

I've been feeding foxes in my garden for a long time and will continue to do so.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:36 ----------

I suppose that depends on what you were doing to it at the time.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:37 ----------

Exactly. Something really doesn't add up here.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:41 ----------

If they were so unaware of what was going on that they didn't notice a relatively large (and let's face it, quite smelly) animal sneaking into their house and up to their child's bedroom, then they probably wouldn't have noticed a human intruder either. And in that case, they were not taking proper care of their child. Keep your windows and doors open by all means, (though quite why on a cold February night, I don't know) as long as you can see who or what might be entering your house at all times.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 18:49 ----------

They made this video after the "attack" in 2010. It's utter nonsense.

Unless that door was absolutely wide open, there's no way a fox would have gone into the house. You have to wonder if there isn't a vicious pet dog somewhere that's suddenly been spirited away.

Yes, thats what I thought. And if the fox had 'ripped' the babies finger off, wouldn't it have eaten rather than discarding it (it was sewn back on).

Is this comment meant to be a joke ?:help:

No. Why should it be?

more kids attacked by dogs than foxes FACT.sort that out first then start on foxes

My garden has a 7 foot wall round it, CCTV and external sensors

You really must be a very frightened person.

No, but they might like to be warm.

tee hee - good one!

i wouldnt worry about the foxes that walk in through an open door un noticed, its extremely rare.

I would worry about the dogs that people keep in their houses with their children that mame and kill dozens of children, adults and babies

Whatever's happened in this particular case, I'm really not sure it's a good thing for people to encourage foxes to be unafraid and familiar with humans. They are wild animals and we should respect them as such.

Until the last few decades foxes and humans kept their distance for the most part. More recently foxes have been increasingly thriving in urban areas. It's not good if they become fearless, instances such as the one this week will become more common.

By the way, I don't relish the thought of living in a hermatically sealed unit - it is kind of nice to open a door or window occasionally!

Whatever's happened in this particular case, I'm really not sure it's a good thing for people to encourage foxes to be unafraid and familiar with humans. They are wild animals and we should respect them as such.

Until the last few decades foxes and humans kept their distance for the most part. More recently foxes have been increasingly thriving in urban areas. It's not good if they become fearless, instances such as the one this week will become more common.

By the way, I don't relish the thought of living in a hermatically sealed unit - it is kind of nice to open a door or window occasionally!

and leave it open, on a freezing February morning?:huh:

and leave it open, on a freezing February morning?:huh:

Yeah, a bit odd that one.

My garden has a 15ft hedge, sensors and several CCTV cameras.

We installed the cameras and the sensors because we like to watch the foxes on the TV :)

Foxes will be welcome in my garden and they are welcome to eat the food I put out. I don't have a small baby, neither do I leave my doors and windows open at night.

My reaction was also 'why did they have the doors or windows wide open in Feb and not notice a fox enter the house until it had dragged the baby out of its cot??' and 'why did the fox leave the bitten off fingers?' It didn't really add up to me.

I think it's up to you if you want to leave food around for foxes - people leave food out for birds and feed other peoples cats, I don't see how this is too different really.

A fox wouldn't get far into my house with my three beasts :hihi:

The 'general public' can be so silly at times.