Cars parked the wrong way around on the roads

A few years ago I can remember the coppers would put a ticket on your car if it was parked the wrong way round facing the on coming traffic, but nowadays it seems a free for all for people to just dump their cars anywhere they like ,some cars are parked the wrong way round on corners and near junctions on busy main roads there just seems no consideration as to where and how people park their cars,I always thought it was an offence to park a car facing the on coming traffic,a few nights ago I was coming up Barnsley road and it was a rainy wet night as I came up the road I nearly ran into a black car parked the wrong way round in the road.

A few years ago I can remember the coppers would put a ticket on your car if it was parked the wrong way round facing the on coming traffic.

How many years ago?

Never known it in my 20 years of driving.

A few years ago I can remember the coppers would put a ticket on your car if it was parked the wrong way round facing the on coming traffic, but nowadays it seems a free for all for people to just dump their cars anywhere they like ,some cars are parked the wrong way round on corners and near junctions on busy main roads there just seems no consideration as to where and how people park their cars,I always thought it was an offence to park a car facing the on coming traffic,a few nights ago I was coming up Barnsley road and it was a rainy wet night as I came up the road I nearly ran into a black car parked the wrong way round in the road.

It's an offence to write this much with no full stops!

It is still in HC - Rule 248:

Parking at night

248 You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.

Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24.

But, since decriminalisation of parking, the Police are not the ones to ticket unless the parking causes a notable obstruction of the highway liable to cause a problem to other road users.

Parking facing the wrong way per se doesn't bother me so much. It's parking facing the wrong way with headlights on that is really crass not to say dangerous in blinding drivers still on the move.

It's an affront to humanity to say that it is an offence.

Grammatical errors aside, I still believe that inconsiderate parking, in what I consider to be dangerous parking positions is just not acceptable.

*We are all not grade ‘A’ students*

Maybe I have struck a nerve and you are a culprit……………………..enough!!!!

The problem is on many roads you have to park quickly due to others' impatience.

The problem is on many roads you have to park quickly due to others' impatience.

...or with the random one way systems around Sheffield, it may not be possible to drive 'Up' your road to park on the correct side, you may have to do a roundabout journey thro' rush hour traffic to drive 'Down' your road to be parking the correct way, therefore giving you the same problem when you want to leave your parking space to start your journey..I'm now pointing in the wrong direction for my destination..I'll now have to adhere to the inconvenience of ridiculous traffic organisation!!

I think the police have better things to deal with that petty "crimes" of this sort, the city being awash with illegal drugs for one.

...or with the random one way systems around Sheffield, it may not be possible to drive 'Up' your road to park on the correct side, you may have to do a roundabout journey thro' rush hour traffic to drive 'Down' your road to be parking the correct way, therefore giving you the same problem when you want to leave your parking space to start your journey..I'm now pointing in the wrong direction for my destination..I'll now have to adhere to the inconvenience of ridiculous traffic organisation!!

I'm just going to quote myself here, I've read back my post, it infers residence on a one way street...I didn't mean that..I meant that it's not always easy to get to your destination without having to negotiate a system where you seem to be travelling backwards to go forwards..or sideways even..

Anyhoo, I knew what I meant...in my head it seemed quite straightforward.

it was a rainy wet night as I came up the road I nearly ran into a black car parked the wrong way round in the road.

I always thought that after dark you had to park on the "right" side of the road too, but actually wouldn't the black car be the same hazard no matter which way it was parked?

I think there is an insurance issue with this; if your car is hit by another (rear -end shunt, as it were) then it might jeopardize the claim as the rear red reflectors would not be visible, perhaps someone could clarify?