Deceased Ginger Cat Sheffield 20

Sorry to whoever is the the owner of this puss.

Whilst travelling up Owlthorpe Greenway towards the junction with Moss Way I noticed the body of a dead Ginger Cat laid on the grass verge. Although I didn't get a good look it did appear that the poor thing might have been there for a while.

I'm so sorry to have to post this but hopefully it will give someone closure if they are missing their much loved pet.

Apologies if I haven't got the road names correct as I am not from this end of Sheffield. x

Any chance you could go on the council website and report it feline01? They'll pick the poor thing up and hopefully it might have a chip

Hi, yes I will do that its just that I wanted to post on here first in case it isn't chipped as the owner's will never know its fate otherwise. It wouldn't be a nice thing for the owner's to see but I suppose at least they would know what has happened to their puss rather than forever wondering:(

I'm sure I recall someone on here that had a Ginger Cat missing from Halfway but not sure how far that is from where I saw the Cat.

Thanks

Hi, could u tell me if there was any white on him or can u send pic to my email address, my ginger and white boy has been missing since the 3rd of jan

Mine is chipped and if this poor 1 is then will they inform the owners?

Edited by Harmonymagic

I'm really sorry but I didn't get a good enough look. I wasn't on foot I was just a passenger in the car.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but it was literally a glance.x

Have u informed anyone? I know we're moss way police station is but not anywhere else, i'v no transport so it will be a case of walking the streets and no idea were I would be looking

Thank You for the P.M's Harmonymagic.

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 10:32 ----------

I have reported this to the Council this morning.

With any luck he will be chipped and the owner will get to find out, rip little 1.

On the justice for barney site in fb,there was a ginger Tom cat found,app very skinny but instead of postering & seeing if anyone has lost one,its just been re homed,as the vet app said it had obviously been kicked out!

And what area was that please& what vets? My cat has been missing since the 3rd of Jan and he was deffenatly not kicked out, I dont have facebook so do u have any more info on that please?

On the justice for barney site in fb,there was a ginger Tom cat found,app very skinny but instead of postering & seeing if anyone has lost one,its just been re homed,as the vet app said it had obviously been kicked out!

Rehomed without any attempt to find an owner by the look of it. The person who is posting this is coming up as "near Shireoaks" but those facebook location things can be notoriously unreliable. It's a friend of hers who found this cat - well, I'll copy what she wrote -

"would anyone be interested in giving a rescue cat a forever home. My friend rescued a gorgeous ginger tom cat on Fri who had not eaten for weeks. She took him straight to the vets at her own cost to give him a full check over, the vet said he is a very healthy cat who has just been kicked out and hasnt eaten properly so all he needs is fattening up. He is currently living in my friends garage has she has two puppies, he is neutered and she has flead and wormed him. He is a lovely cat who wants lots of cuddles he is good with my friends daughter and her dogs. Please if you could offer Oscar a loving forever home then please inbox me"

Like spottydog says, I don't know why the vet assumed he'd been "kicked out" and wasn't just lost. Anyway, despite someone suggesting they might try to find its owner she's gone ahead and rehomed it. I can't put any messages on the page as I haven't "liked" it but I know what I'd like to put.