Puppy suddenly starting to pee in house with tail between legs

nicceone

hi everyone, just after some advice, as title says all of a sudden my nearly 6 mth old puppy has suddenly started to wee in the house while holding her tail between her legs and hiding, i dont understand, she has always gone outside to do her business but today she sat and did it at the back door before i managed to open it for her and just now when i asked her if she wanted a wee wee she just did it all the way through the kitchen then tried to hide behind a curtain with her tail between her legs and when i opened the door she would not go into the garden to finish her wee, its as if she is scared, the only thing that i can think is we started to try and get her to do her business in 1 spot of the garden instead of just anywhere and wondering if this has scared her in anyway.

... or she may have a urine infection. Get a sample to the vets asap

^^What she said.

It could be being scared, but it's such a simple test to check for a UTI that it's something that really does need to be ruled out before you look for a behavioural cause.

thankyou all, i will check this out although i really do think its to do with the clicker we used to try to get her to use the top of the garden, somebody advised us to use this clicker and i fear i have actually caused a problem rather than solved one, she just doesnt want to wee in the garden although this was never a problem before i pressed the damn clicker while she was doing a wee, now im worried that we have ruined all that she has already been taught.

People who promote dog training fads really annoy me. The damage that winds up being done to dogs, with the best of intentions by owners, but the fad promoter still has the money in their pocket for the gizmo or book

Ditch the clicker, learn to say 'good dog', and give her lots of reassurance - don't scold any mistakes she does in the house, as she'll think it's weeing at all that you disapprove of now she's been so upset

You still shouldn't embark on any training without ruling out medical reasons first, especially with something like this

Before clickers get written off as something bad...it just goes to show, as with everything tool in every walk of life, you need to know how to use it. I've got no idea how you went about introducing the clicker to your dog so I'm not going to say you did it wrong and maybe it is an infection or maybe something happened in the garden, apart from the clicker, that you're not aware of.

pft - every horse rider can click their tongue. Dog training clickers are a money spinner for manufacturers and dog trainers - especially those that dispense treats, as you're hooked into buying the refills. I don't like anything that takes a person's focus away from their dog, and puts a barrier in the dog/human relationship. Dogs don't function like that

Well i'm sorry but if your going to have a dog should you be really fussing over where it should do its toileting? geez, a dog likes to explore and sniff around, teaching it to do it in one spot in my opinion is wrong on so many levels, and as for the clicker, like has been said, its a money spinner, a dog wants to please its owner and will respond so much better to the spoken word and stroking much better than some machine.