Nuisance calls BT line

Is there any number i can call to block these nuisance calls[tele sales ect] they are driving me nuts. Had six yesterday two of them were trying to tell me there was a problem with my computer which they could fix for £10 and then they asked for my bank details. needless to say i hung up. But some people must fall for these scams or it wouldn't be profitable for them to do it.

I had the same call yesterday foreign woman saying I had a virus on my computer I told her To P_ _s off

Same here. I recently saw an article on the daily mail website. Might help.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-2274362/New-BT-6500-landline-phone-claims-block-nuisance-PPI-claim-calls-good.html#axzz2KLgwarfU

I cannot vouch for the product but if it does what it says on the tin then it's money we'll spent

you can register with the BT preference service ... this stops some call but not all.

I get so many I've stopped answering my phone. If any one wants me they call my mobile.

I've had virus's, won cruises, I'm owed tens of thousands in PPI claims and I even get calls for the previous owner of the number, Mr Dickinson of Maltby, could you please tell everyone you've changed your number, Cath keeps calling and she wants to know if you enjoyed your holiday.

just dont answer them after a while they give up and move on to some other poor sod, thats what i found anyway. they were driving me mad with dozens a day till i stopped answering, they have now dwindled to the odd one now and again.

another approach is to get revenge with a big whistle, if its yet another pest call when i answer say "just a moment please" in my best telephone voice then treat them to a big blast on my husbands football whistle they dont half jump.haha.

cruel maybe but they keep annoying me i am going to annoy them !

i am getting seriously fed up of this now, had the house phone cut off 4 years ago due to 40 - 50 calls per day, the phone was always answered as it could have been a job.

i now get calls and texts on a daily basis on my mobile probably 3-4 of each usually monday to friday.

the text messages arent bad, but the call are relentless.

If I don't recognise the number I don't answer, if it is important they would leave a message I would think.

Done that, it doesn't make much difference to be honest. I don't think it stops numbers calling from abroad.

Did you pay a fee?

I've used these , costs £35 . Peace at last.

We shouldn't have to do this , the government should do something about all these foreign calls harassing us. I did used to swear at them because they deserved it as they were invading my privacy.

If any calls do get through you report them to this company and they deal with them, I've never had to do that yet thankfully it seems to work.