One way system in Woodhouse

My dad lives on Skelton Lane and he had a letter last year stating that the one way was going ahead, no idea on timescales though.

If the scheme serves no useful purpose, makes it worse for motorists, pedestrians and residents, you can bet your bottom dollar that Sheffield Council will do it.

If the scheme serves no useful purpose, makes it worse for motorists, pedestrians and residents, you can bet your bottom dollar that Sheffield Council will do it.

Yes... if it is true they are going ahead with it...sigh!

Not a good idea pulling traffic off a main through road and on to back roads before they have to.

What they should do is just widen the road outside medical centre, allowing two way traffic alongside much needed parking space; the grass verge is already worn away one side with parking...get rid and then free up two lanes again... cut in to big verge on other side also...

Those who decide these things, probably do not live by to suffer the consequences...

---------- Post added 11-04-2014 at 21:37 ----------

Yes... if it is true they are going ahead with it...sigh!

Not a good idea pulling traffic off a main through road and on to back roads before they have to.

What they should do is just widen the road outside medical centre, allowing two way traffic alongside much needed parking space; the grass verge is already worn away one side with parking...get rid and then free up two lanes again... cut in to big verge on other side also...

Those who decide these things, probably do not live by to suffer the consequences...

Thinking about it though.... probably cheapest option...sigh!! slap a One Way sign up and slap down a bit of yellow paint... rather than cut in to useless wide verges on that stretch... (off on a rant tangent allert!!) then we can throw more tax payers money on war on the other side of the world all the while the UK sinks in to the cutback quagmire state we are in...sigh...

Edited by ARB1
missed four key words out...thas all !

I am a disabled driver who lives on Skelton Grove. It is extremely tricky to park anywhere near my house due to the amount of patients visiting the doctors parking on our street.

Hi wouldn't you be eligible for those disabled parking spots where they reserve you a place outside your house? I don't know much about them but I have seen them before.

Hi wouldn't you be eligible for those disabled parking spots where they reserve you a place outside your house? I don't know much about them but I have seen them before.

Wouldn't make any difference these days. People would park on it anyway (i'm alright Jack... sod you). The Drop Kerb sections for wheelchair users are rgularly parked over !

Edited by kevvy
text