Best Student Areas

What are the liveliest/safest student areas in Sheffield?

Crookes is a good area full of students. I lived there for two years and really enjoyed it.

plenty of student housing, mainly in terraced houses, some are dodgy but there are also many good quality ones.

Plenty of shops and a nice selection of pubs. Not too far from the university.

And I always felt safe there.

Ecclesall road is also cool. Nice parks, lots of shops and bars. Nice chilled out vibe.

Which end of Ecclesall is better as it is a long road?

What is the safety like down Ecclesall Road way lately? I lived there four years ago, just next to collegiate crescent, but I was under the impression that crime was rising there, particularly over on the other side of Ecclesall Road. Is that area Sharrow?

you're best avoiding the city end of eclleshall, as i found out to my cost one bright summers day.

Depends what uni you go to as to get from Ecclesall Road to Sheffield University means a walk up a steep hill (collegiate crescent?)!

Ecclesall road, is fine crime wise. I've lived there on and off for 5 years. I still feel that it is a very safe area. I've never felt threatened, and have wandered around there at some stupid times of night.

As far as location goes, i prefer the length of road from collegiate onwards (away from city). Bus routes are good. Housing is good etc...