Abandoned factories and hospitals to shoot in?

I was wondering if any photographers are aware of any abandoned buildings like factories, schools or hospitals, that are easily accessible and not too dangerous! I'm wanting to shoot with a model at some point, I know there are a lot of old factories but I'm not sure if any I'd be able to get into... I don't know sheffield too well beyond the centre! :)

I don't know if it's still accessible, but I saw some really atmospheric shots taken in a disused waterworks up at Bradfield a year or two ago. Hope this helps.

There's one near me, what I've used for industrial shots. I'm planning on taking a model for some gritty urban shots- just be careful! It's full of broken glass on the inside, sensible shoes needed. If it's a "she" your model may be best changing shoes nearer than tottering around in high heels.

At Abbeydale Road, where the large tesco is- when you pass on foot you can see it- if not, head straight left as far as you can if by car. There is an abandoned factory that is accessible.

This place is often full of skateboarders, but they have never caused me any trouble, & i'm a young (late 20's .. maybe not then...:( lady. Harmless teens just out to skate at the far end.

I believe it's the old Jacobs factory..google "Old Jacobs factory sheffield" & you will see it. Marvelled with graffiti.. hope that helps :hihi:

I've tried the Bradfield water plant, but it's pretty well boarded up.

The old Loxely brickworks are accessible though, follow the signs for the fishing ponds, but watch out for the manholes with no covers on, they are deep and dangerous. The river running past is also interesting as there are a lot of old mill relics in the water and on the bank.

I don't know if it's still accessible, but I saw some really atmospheric shots taken in a disused waterworks up at Bradfield a year or two ago. Hope this helps.

There's one near me, what I've used for industrial shots. I'm planning on taking a model for some gritty urban shots- just be careful! It's full of broken glass on the inside, sensible shoes needed. If it's a "she" your model may be best changing shoes nearer than tottering around in high heels.

At Abbeydale Road, where the large tesco is- when you pass on foot you can see it- if not, head straight left as far as you can if by car. There is an abandoned factory that is accessible.

This place is often full of skateboarders, but they have never caused me any trouble, & i'm a young (late 20's .. maybe not then...:( lady. Harmless teens just out to skate at the far end.

I believe it's the old Jacobs factory..google "Old Jacobs factory sheffield" & you will see it. Marvelled with graffiti.. hope that helps :hihi:

I've tried the Bradfield water plant, but it's pretty well boarded up.

The old Loxely brickworks are accessible though, follow the signs for the fishing ponds, but watch out for the manholes with no covers on, they are deep and dangerous. The river running past is also interesting as there are a lot of old mill relics in the water and on the bank.

Thank you all - I'll have to have a look round my self and see what I can get to safely!

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 13:37 ----------

No one happens to know any locations that aren't necessarily abandoned but say being restored, similar to abbeydale picture house?

Edited by sarahxmay

theres an old dairy farm, here in Mansfield. hers 1 of the sheds.

photoniche1.jpg

Ive heard George Barnsley Cornish Works is accessible but never been down to try - any advice anyone?

theres an old dairy farm, here in Mansfield. hers 1 of the sheds.

photoniche1.jpg

Hi Donky7, can you give me more info about where this is, and is it open/safe?

Thanks