Three Valleys beer festival 2013 - Saturday 8th June

Hahaha... it's all good..:D I'm PRETTY sure although this is memory from 8 years ago in a taxi in the dark, that the Dronfield arms isn't too far from Sainsburies on the Hill Top - at which point we're sorted...as we go up there often enough to get him out for shopping... if not, I'm mixing it up with another pub!! >.>

I'll have a proper look sometime before the weekend... hopefully! xD if not, I've got googlemaps on my phone..

Dronfield Arms is the re-named "Sidings", almost opposite the White Swan on Chesterfield Road...the name changed 1/2ish years ago. Not exactly on Sainsbury's doorstep, but at least it's all downhill!

Only 12 hours to go.

:banana:

Edited by Scozzie

Had a great day as usual.....Thanks to all the organisers!

We think the Three Tuns has now overtaken the Coach and Horses as the best venue on this festival for beer, although they could have done with a few more staff serving behind the bar.

We had drinks in the Hearty Oak, Jolly Farmer, Three Tuns, Dronfield Arms and Coach and Horses. We went into the Miners, but the beers we fancied weren't on so we walked to the Jolly Farmer.

Was there an issue with one of the bus services later on? My mate walked back to Dore from the Miners, he said something about the bus being pulled due to some trouble.

Regards

Doom

Yeah, we went- Castle Inn, Hearty Oak, Miners, Jolly Farmer, Coach & Horses, Green Dragon, Dronfield Arms, 3 Tunns and Horns Inn. 9 out of 11. Rutland closed due to trouble and busses to Barlow Brewery cancelled.

I heard that some idiot felt the need to punch a driver, so half the drivers went home- not that I blame them at all. No one deserves to feel unsafe at work.

I also heard that there were trouble makers at the Rutland, so they threw everyone out and shut the doors.

I say 'I heard' because even though it was a very reliable source that told me, I'd had many, many ciders so my memory may be affected.

To Andy C- well done on an amazing day. Everyone said how wonderful it was, even the ones who were stranded and had to catch taxis (you should have free network tansport in Network taxis for all the work that was generated). The only bad things people had to say were directed at the lout who spoiled it...... Hope he/they will be punished.

All we saw all day was loads of people having a good time.....Why is there always a small minority who have to try and ruin things for everybody else?

Let's hope the few idiots don't put this event in jeopardy in the future.

Regards

Doom

My wee booze hounds loved it too, although one of them got drunk and started getting gobby at a staffy, so we had to take her home.

I already have it marked on my calendar for next year, so it better be on.

Had an awsome day, shame about the idiot on the bus which meant we got trapped at Barlow brewry. In the end, being trapped there wasn't a bad thing as the beer and entertainment was top and we managed to get a taxi back to Sheffield after.

Started off at The Castle and had the beer of the festival in my opinion, the Steel City Angel of Death was head and shoulders above everything else. Then went to the Three Tuns and had a nice bit of hog roast, best beer there was the Liverpool Shipwreck IPA. The Three Tuns was the best venue by far in terms of beer selection, food and atmosphere. Next was The Dronfield Arms, dear oh dear enough said. Then off to the The Coach and Horses, Roosters Accomplice and the Red Willow beer really good the rest of the selection poor, the Coach has gone downhill. Got the bus to the Miners and I've never seen a bus so full quite a few of the people on the bus had taken things too far and spoilt the bus ride. Tried to get the bus to Barlow but waited hours obviously I know why now. It's a shame that some people spoilt it for everybody else but It doesn't surprise me as there were groups of very drunk people who had obviously gone out with the intention of getting as drunk as they could as quick as they could.

Started off at The Castle and had the beer of the festival in my opinion, the Steel City Angel of Death was head and shoulders above everything else. .

Arghh! Just rung Castle but it`s all gone!!! Gutted. Wonder if Rutty have it.

The Three Tuns is the best pub by far in Dronfield out of those that were on the timetable. Thanks again to the organisers - a great day - and hope the bus driver was ok (and the moron who felt the need to do that gets his/ her just deserts).

Hope the morons who caused trouble are made to compensate the venues involved for loss of trade.

As the the festival itself? Really enjoyed the Dronfield Arms. Best beer for me was Acorn UK Cascade at the Horns Inn.

We voted the Oakham Tranquility our favourite beer of the day, with special mentions to the Shipwreck IPA and Dancing Duck Abduction.

I told my boss about this festival last week, so he decided to have a look on Saturday night. Needless to say he and his mate chose to go to the Rutland, which had been trashed by the louts. They did get a drink after half an hour of cleaning up the glass and vomit in the toilets.

He said he was chatting to the staff and they were visibly shaken by what had happened, needless to say the Rutland won't be doing the Three Valleys in the future.

As usual a small minority ruin it for the hundreds who were out to have a good time without having to act like idiots.

Regards

Doom