Three Valleys beer festival 2013 - Saturday 8th June

The google map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=205444211090072512072.0004dc9cdbd5fa0a79a70

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 21:00 ----------

Do we have a beer list for the Coach and Horses yet?

They only supplied a partial list with the rest to be 'surprises' on the day

Oakham Bishops Farewell 4.6%

A strong premium beer of structured quality, dominated by elaborate fruity hop notes, with a grainy background and dry finish.

Oakham JHB 3.8%

A golden beer whose aroma is dominated by hops that give characteristic citrus notes. Hops and fruit on the palate are balanced by malt and a bitter base.

Oakham Tranquility 6.5%

Strong IPA

Roosters Last Stand 4.3%

Hoppy pale ale with notes of grapefruit and tropical fruits

Roosters The Accomplice 6.0%

pale ale brewed using six different varieties of hops to create intense floral and fruit aromas, backed up by a balanced level of bitterness.

Welbeck Abbey Henrietta 3.6%

Golden Ale

Welbeck Abbey Portland Black 4.5%

Porter brewed with dark malts

Edited by Andy C

....Women just don't understand. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Ummmm....... Excuse me?

I have my route all planned out, starting at 10am with a breakfast bap and apple juice for breakfast at the Jolly Farmer and off from there. I have a map and route map on my FB so my friends will know where I will be AND I've already been creating FB check in locations, so don't be saying chicks don't understand, young man. :D

I can't WAIT!

Ummmm....... Excuse me?

I have my route all planned out, starting at 10am with a breakfast bap and apple juice for breakfast at the Jolly Farmer and off from there. I have a map and route map on my FB so my friends will know where I will be AND I've already been creating FB check in locations, so don't be saying chicks don't understand, young man. :D

I can't WAIT!

We'll give you an associate membership of the male race. :hihi:

You're starting 2 hours earlier than us, but will you run out of steam by mid afternoon?

It looks like the weather is going to be favourable this year.....It should be just like a booze up in Magaluf, only with decent ale. ;)

Any particular beers folks are looking forward to trying? - I think top of my list is Tranquility and Shipwreck IPA.

Regards

Doom

I started at 12 last year and by 8, I was curled up under a bush.

Jolly Farmer, Miners, Coach & Horses, Dronny Arms and Three Tuns.

I'm looking forward to the ciders.

:)

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 22:19 ----------

Seeing as Toby Carvery osnt doing take away F.E.Bs any more, if anyon knows of a place that does, please let me know..... Better yet- a Sunday home delivery service for fry ups!

The google map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=205444211090072512072.0004dc9cdbd5fa0a79a70

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 21:00 ----------

They only supplied a partial list with the rest to be 'surprises' on the day

Oakham Bishops Farewell 4.6%

A strong premium beer of structured quality, dominated by elaborate fruity hop notes, with a grainy background and dry finish.

Oakham JHB 3.8%

A golden beer whose aroma is dominated by hops that give characteristic citrus notes. Hops and fruit on the palate are balanced by malt and a bitter base.

Oakham Tranquility 6.5%

Strong IPA

Roosters Last Stand 4.3%

Hoppy pale ale with notes of grapefruit and tropical fruits

Roosters The Accomplice 6.0%

pale ale brewed using six different varieties of hops to create intense floral and fruit aromas, backed up by a balanced level of bitterness.

Welbeck Abbey Henrietta 3.6%

Golden Ale

Welbeck Abbey Portland Black 4.5%

Porter brewed with dark malts

Not as impressed with this at all I thought it would be better usually the coach offer something a bit different. Last year they had Magic Rock, Buxton and some interesting Thornbridge beers on I fear the suprises on the day will be bog standard Thornbridge range depending on what they habe brewed that week or they have loads of. Roosters The Accomplice is really good its a collaboration with Odell from America had it at the cellar door but it was £5 a pint.

Not as impressed with this at all I thought it would be better usually the coach offer something a bit different. Last year they had Magic Rock, Buxton and some interesting Thornbridge beers on I fear the suprises on the day will be bog standard Thornbridge range depending on what they habe brewed that week or they have loads of. Roosters The Accomplice is really good its a collaboration with Odell from America had it at the cellar door but it was £5 a pint.

I have to say I'm also a little dubious about this.

Last year I really enjoyed the Axe Edge and Canonball? in there, so I was hoping they'd have something similar this time.

All is not lost though, a couple of those they have announced do look very nice.

Regards

Doom

There will be more.

I think it will be the usual set up with a full range of Thornbridge beers on both cask and keg on the pub bar and a changing range of guest ales on an outside bar.

I have to say I'm also a little dubious about this.

Last year I really enjoyed the Axe Edge and Canonball? in there, so I was hoping they'd have something similar this time.

Regards

Doom

I agree. The Coach and Horses rarely has much on these days except Thornbridge, certainly cask-wise, which is a shame, so I`m unsurprised about the decline in festival offerings.

There will be more.

I think it will be the usual set up with a full range of Thornbridge beers on both cask and keg on the pub bar and a changing range of guest ales on an outside bar.

Will you be working this year Andy or just sampling the many fine ales on offer?

I take it the bus timetable is finalised?

Regards

Doom

I'll be on bus 4 for the first hour or so selling programmes and ensuring the driver is familiar with the route then thats my work done and I'll be off round all 11 venues to get suitably refreshed.

I'll be off round all 11 venues to get suitably refreshed.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. :thumbsup:

Regards

Doom

to answer the other question, yes, bus timetable confirmed!

Route A

dep Coach & Horses at 08 and 38 past the hour

calling at Green Dragon, Dronfield station, Dronfield Arms, Three Tuns, Jolly Farmer and Miners Arms

returning from Miners Arms at 31 and 58 past the hour

Route B

departs Barlow Brewery 02 and 32 past the hour

calling at Horns Inn, Rutland Arms, Miners Arms, Hearty Oak, Castle Inn and Dore & Totley station.

returning from Dore & Totley station at 29 and 59 past the hour