Three Valleys beer festival 2013 - Saturday 8th June

Any news yet on the Miners beers or the rest of the Coach & Horses beers?

We're now thinking Hearty Oak first and then walking to the Miners to get the other beer bus.

Regards

Doom

The Miners Arms beer list....

Backyard Brewhouse, The Hoard, 3.9%

A golden straw coloured beer brewed specially to mark the discovery of the 'Staffordshire Hoard'

Daleside, Monkey Wrench, 5.3%

Mid-brown to ruby in hue. Aromas of fruit, malt and roast malt give way to well-balanced fruit, malt and hoppiness on the tongue with some sweetness

Ilkley, Lotus IPA, 5.6%

golden beer with summit hops from New Zealand and cascade hops from America giving strong aromas and flavours of mango, grapefruit and all round citrus.

Moorhouse, Blonde Witch, 4.5%

A pale coloured ale with a crisp delicate fruit flavour, dry and refreshing with a smooth hop finish

Oakham, Bishops Farewell, 4.6%

A strong premium beer of structured quality, dominated by elaborate fruity hop notes, with a grainy background and dry finish.

Rudgate, Ruby Mild, 4.4%

Ruby red beer with a sweet and smokey aroma and a soft, rich flavour and medium bitterness.

Skinners, Betty Stoggs, 4.0%

Light hop aroma with underlying malt. Easy drinking copper ale with a superb balance of citrus hops, malt and bitterness.

Triple fff, Altons Pride, 3.8%

A traditional amber bitter. Full and clean tasting, initially malty then citrus fruit and resinous hop build to a quenching bitter finish.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 00:08 ----------

In other news the food arrangements at the Horns Inn has changed, the chilli is no more and instead Moss Valley Fine Meats will be running a BBQ stall cooking up farm fresh burgers, sausages and bacon.

Also had word that the Educatables has pulled out of playing at the Green Dragon, a replacement band will be announced as soon as one is confirmed!

Thanks Andy!

Well there goes my theory that the Miners will be nothing more than a crossing point.......2 beers there worth staying for afterall.

I quite like the Monkey Wrench, but if I'm not mistaken, the Lotus IPA is a beer we had at the Sheaf Island on Friday night and it was lovely....It tasted like a cross between Kipling and Jaipur.

I'm never going to make the Christening on Sunday morning. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

If anyone wants a full festival experience including camping overnight, camping facilities will be available next door to Barlow Brewery.

http://www.barlowbrewery.co.uk/Events.htm

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 11:02 ----------

Some more food news, Pie & Peas will be available at the Rutland Arms.

Don't suppose anyone has a map showing pubs in proximity to one another? Trying to get my dad along but he's limited to his mobility scooter - we know we can get to Coach and Horses as we often pass it on a walkabout but I'd quite like to go to more than one venue - but don't want to be a loner and have to go to others on my own!

I simply haven't had time to find all the names and postcodes to make one... I know its a big ask.

Also, do we know if anything is happening on sunday at any of said venues, as the people I was supposed to be going with Saturday thought it was a whole weekend event, and can only come on sunday... :/

The words **** up and brewery spring to mind about my friends.... They had ONE job when I sent the links for it.... ;-)

Don't suppose anyone has a map showing pubs in proximity to one another? Trying to get my dad along but he's limited to his mobility scooter - we know we can get to Coach and Horses as we often pass it on a walkabout but I'd quite like to go to more than one venue - but don't want to be a loner and have to go to others on my own!

I simply haven't had time to find all the names and postcodes to make one... I know its a big ask.

Also, do we know if anything is happening on sunday at any of said venues, as the people I was supposed to be going with Saturday thought it was a whole weekend event, and can only come on sunday... :/

The words **** up and brewery spring to mind about my friends.... They had ONE job when I sent the links for it.... ;-)

I've been planning our route and will be suggesting the following to my mates:

Beer bus at Dore station approx 12:30

Head to Hearty Oak......2 drinks

10 minute walk to Miners.....2 drinks

10 minute walk to Jolly Farmer.....2 drinks

Beer bus from Jolly Farmer to Three Tuns......4 drinks

10 minute walk to Dronfield Arms......2 drinks

20 minute walk to Coach and Horses.....???? drinks

All walking times have been calculated from google maps own tool.

When my wife walked into the bedroom last night and caught me putting all the info on a spreadsheet she just rolled her eyes and walked out.....Women just don't understand. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

There is a link to a google map showing all the venues from the festival Facebook page.

The festival is Saturday only but there should still be a choice of beers and ciders on Sunday.

Does your dad have a public transport permit for his scooter - whilst the festival buses won't be accessible the normal Stagecoach 43 and 43A provides handy connections between many of the Dronfield venues.

Edited by Andy C

There's a failbook page?! :| First I heard or saw...

Doom - thanks a lot for that though - looks like we might be able to make it as far as the three tuns and back on foot then as dad is pretty sure he can get there on the scooter, and it the Dronfield arms is en route to the Coach and Horses it would be rude not to! ;-)

As for women not understanding... be careful sirrah, otherwise when our paths cross I'll be sure to remind you it was a lady (me!) who initiated this outing as an idea for our merry bunch,... it's the guys who let the side down with their disorganisation ;-)

(whereas I'm just pushed for time, which is why they should have been sorting it! xD)

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 14:11 ----------

Andy - alas he can't get on the buses with his scooter - we weighed up taxiing to a venue then bus and taxiing round but - happy enough to just do a few though, given he's got meds and stuff to deal with - I can stay out to play afterwards if time and money allows xD

I'll try and get steered towards the pubs for sunday that might have some left but tbf, it's their loss for not checking properly... ! ;-)

S

There's a failbook page?! :| First I heard or saw...

Doom - thanks a lot for that though - looks like we might be able to make it as far as the three tuns and back on foot then as dad is pretty sure he can get there on the scooter, and it the Dronfield arms is en route to the Coach and Horses it would be rude not to! ;-)

As for women not understanding... be careful sirrah, otherwise when our paths cross I'll be sure to remind you it was a lady (me!) who initiated this outing as an idea for our merry bunch,... it's the guys who let the side down with their disorganisation ;-)

(whereas I'm just pushed for time, which is why they should have been sorting it! xD)

Whoops!! :blush:

According to Google Maps it's 0.4 miles from 3 Tuns to Dronfield Arms and 0.9 miles from Dronfield Arms to Coach and Horses......We'll need the walk by then, although I guess an extra 25% will need adding due to staggering in zig zags. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Hahaha... it's all good..:D I'm PRETTY sure although this is memory from 8 years ago in a taxi in the dark, that the Dronfield arms isn't too far from Sainsburies on the Hill Top - at which point we're sorted...as we go up there often enough to get him out for shopping... if not, I'm mixing it up with another pub!! >.>

I'll have a proper look sometime before the weekend... hopefully! xD if not, I've got googlemaps on my phone..

From the Sainsburys near Civic Centre head down Church Street and you will find the Green Dragon, keep going and you come out at the railway station, the Dronfield Arms is just a few minutes beyond there.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 18:32 ----------

An update to the festival cider list

Barlow Brewery will have four traditional ciders on the bar alongside the beers:

Broadoak Moonshine 7.5%

Cornish Orchards Vintage Dry 7.2%

Cornish Orchards Draught Pear 5%

Gwynty y Draig Happy Daze 4.5%

Do we have a beer list for the Coach and Horses yet?