How do I get property back from police

My daughters boyfriend was arrested 6 months ago the case is now over but because he was at her property they took her mobile her daughters mobile and thier laptops to see if there was any evidence on them which there was not.She has phoned constantly requesting the return of the items cannot get the arresting officer on the phone and no supervisor is available.

Anyone got any ideas as she is paying for the phones on contract but cant use them:huh:

first i would phone the phone company and explain the situation and see if they can put a hold on your bill till you get them back, and when i had my car crash they took my clothes as evidence and i did not get them back till nearly a year after! just keep ringing them they'l soon get fed up lol xx

My daughters boyfriend was arrested 6 months ago the case is now over but because he was at her property they took her mobile her daughters mobile and thier laptops to see if there was any evidence on them which there was not.She has phoned constantly requesting the return of the items cannot get the arresting officer on the phone and no supervisor is available.

Anyone got any ideas as she is paying for the phones on contract but cant use them:huh:

You need to send a registered letter to the chief constable asking for them back.

Thanks only me will get that done now

Unless there was evidence on your daughters phone and laptop then the police would have no reason to have kept them at all once they had been examined . The fact that your daughter has been paying the contract on the phone for 6 months adds to the poor service from the police . My advice would be to make a formal complaint to the police and claim for the amount of money your daughter paid on the phone contract . There may of course be another side to this which would change my advice .One final thought hopefully your daughter will choose her boyfriends more carefully in future assuming she isn't still with the one who caused her the hassle.

I can't understand how there is not a supervisor on duty.

There is always a plethora of supervisors on any shift at a given time. Also, it's your daughters property therefore it is her that needs to be making the enquiry.

:hihi: Hi everyone the problem is now sorted cant believe it, after 5 months of trying someone on here has done it Yipeeeeeeee

:hihi: Hi everyone the problem is now sorted cant believe it, after 5 months of trying someone on here has done it Yipeeeeeeee

Care to tell us how?

A very nice man

A very nice man

glad you got it sorted now :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANNY

Hi everyone the problem is now sorted cant believe it, after 5 months of trying someone on here has done it Yipeeeeeeee

Care to tell us how?

Probably one of the police officers who posts on here

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android