What is Stocksbridge like?

Its a quiet non mulitcultural haven of what Sheffield used to be like,no burkas out here just proper people

Lots of kids born with 6 fingers though. :roll:

You are lucky if you have been given a place there they are they are gold dust. I moved her e 7 years ago and have lived all over the world and can honestly say I love the place. Born in Sheffield and lived in the so called POSH places, they are the worse places for drugs going

Its a quiet non mulitcultural haven of what Sheffield used to be like,no burkas out here just proper people

Why do you think that people who wear burkas aren't "proper people"?

Is it because they are women, or Muslims?

Edited by whatawaste
grammar

Hiya i was wondering if I could have some advice as I've just been offered a council flat in stocksbridge on laburnum Grove. And I was wondering what the area is like? I've had a look on Google maps and the block of flats seem quite small so was wondering if the flats were really small inside? Because it is a two bedroom flat but I don't want to be living in a tiny flat.. does anyone know or know of anyone that has ever been in these flats? And also.. how long does it take to get to Sheffield from that area and is there a bus stop nearby that goes straight into Sheffield? I'm from the city and I am in two minds weather to take it or not because it's so far out from the city and I felt as if I would be totally isolated living out there. Please help don't want to move all the way over there and for it to be horrible.

Best of look with the Bus service to Town, Ive been on Supertram links frequently taking 30 minutes or more just to get to the Middlewood Tram Stop. Most of them take breaks along the way and it can take forever. Then when you arrive at the Tram stop there's never one in or if there is they just set off without waiting for the Bus load.

Theres also the 57 bus to town but that takes the scenic route, nearly an hour to Town.

If you go shopping on Manchester Road you will have to get the 201 Bus back up the hills and its only once an hour. 57 doesn't go up near you only up stubbin towards Town.

And the Tram link doesn't either. (only downwards)

Many a time after the 201 finishes before 6 oclock pm, people have had to catch the tram Bus along to deepcar then another tram Bus through the estates.

Believe me the Transport networks here are dire. One of the reasons we are moving.

Edited by tara