Ellesmere youth club

harold snape, trevor gostello and ernest twigg were my mates we used to go to the co-op dancing at the frechville and lacarno.stan lavill lived on sutherland rd. my names jim walker what was your brothers name. do you remember any of these girls janet ross, anita guest,margeret adams,elain rawson all from round this area

Stan Lavill is my brother. He's living in Meresbrook, has done since he married

a lass called Sandra, who unfortubately died a few years ago. I'm two years younger than Stan. My name is Janet. I remember the names Anita Guest, Elaine Rawlinson but your name is not familiar to me. Stan as I remember was a good dancer. Rock n roll! I was too. Danced often with him. Wish those times were back. Great times!! Do you remember Deys Ballroom on Pitsmoor road? Roxy's at Page Hall was another great night out. You must know many people that I know too. I could go on and on. Cheers.

hi janet i do remember you if you remeber elaine rawson you will know melvyn her brother hi used to sing like elvis and won a load of talent competions down at the lacarno i am there cousin i lived at the bottom of clun rd i think you used to hang out with a girl i was dating called ann fenwick she lived near you on harleston st .and i think we danced together i used to dance at the youth club with a lovely girl who had red hair they called her val howells she lived at the top of sutherland rd

hi dors you are right it was mr arbour we used to play hand ball in the bottom hall i used to love the xmas times there me and my mate johnny bowden sang one xmas we sang meet me on the corner it was recorded by max bygaves a lad called dave shaw also sang one of david whitfields songs he was good

I went there from about 1960 to 1963. Still remember a lot of the names that were there then. Lynne Goodison, Dave Sowter, Dave Simmonite, Johnny Onions, Jeff Lavell, Gerald Cavill who married another friend Pauline Richards, Eric Hooley and heaps more. I loved playing table tennis etc. I'm still in touch with some of them although sadly some of them have passed away.

hi,dors i do remember john onions i think he went to a grammer school i went to burgreave as i send this e-mail its snowing her bet its not snowing where you are. i am in touch with janet lavell through the sheffield forum i think she was jeff lavells sister there was also little stan lavell.my names jim walker i lived at the bottom of clun rd

Yes I remember Bunny and his son Rodney. I used to play darts in the same league, played for the Forest on Rutland Rd, the Furnival and the Buckenham.

Hi, I remember Rodney. My father and his father,Bunny Baxter, were big pals. Drinking mates. Think they lived opposite the wembley playground, sutherland road. Good times those. Wish they were back. Do you know me? I lived on sutherland road.

if you are janet lavell i definately remember you small dark haired young girl did you go to all saints school or ellesmere rd i spent many hours on sutherland rd playground opposite keyser ellisons canteen.we used to go to the swimming baths it cost us 2 pence and a bath ticket.

hi do you remember the lady who help in the kitchen her name was mrs kitchen i thought she was called that because she worked in the kitchen she lived on andover st just below where peter stringfellow lived.some people i remember danny fairweather, alic howells,melvyn rawson, alf and eric renshaw,john bowden,arleen owen,val howells.

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 16:12 ----------

just a thought about the south family.they lived just up ditchingham st opposite mrs mills corner shop. i remember cherry south and the twins and there sisters. my name is jim everybody called me little jimmy walker i lived at the bottom of clun rd my mother was always out walking the dog she was small too

Hi Jim my name is tommy Robinson cherry John & Robert South are my uncles my mum was Irene.

hi tommy i remember your mum irene your uncle cherry worked at wigfalls on spital hill for many years.if you see any of them i think they will remember me

hi tommy i remember your mum irene your uncle cherry worked at wigfalls on spital hill for many years.if you see any of them i think they will remember me
Hl jimmy i've just been talking to my uncle Robert and he remembers you well and he said he hopes you are keeping well.

well i am doing ok we never used to call them by there first names we used to call them both twin that way we didnt have to make a mistake who we were talking to wish them all well for me

hi,dors i do remember john onions i think he went to a grammer school i went to burgreave as i send this e-mail its snowing her bet its not snowing where you are. i am in touch with janet lavell through the sheffield forum i think she was jeff lavells sister there was also little stan lavell.my names jim walker i lived at the bottom of clun rd

I lived on Botham St. in Grimesthorpe but after I married we lived at 251 Petre St. in the same yard as the butchers. A lad called Neil Warris also lived in the same yard.

hi dors i used to go courting with a girl off botham st they called her linda gill she was a twin she worked at dewires at the bottom of spital hill. can you remember a girl called mavis parnell she lived out that way