Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Zsa Zsa Gabor had 9 marriages, and 7 divorces...

Film producer Robert Evans was married 7 times

Lana Turner had 7 husbands and eight divorces...

Elizabeth Taylor had 6 husbands and 7 divorces ...

Larry king has been divorced 6 times...

Jerry Lee Lewis has also been divorced 6 times...

Mickey Rooney has married 8 times, divorced 6 times...

Eddie Murphy's marriage to Tracey Edmonds lasted 2 weeks

Cher's Marriage to Gregg Allman lasted 9 days

(As did Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra's)

Dennis Hopper and Michelle Phillips' marriage was eight days...

Britney spears had a marriage lasting 55 hours...

Robin Givens' marriage to Svetovar Marincovoc lasted 24 hours...

Zsa Zsa Gabor's mariage to count Felipe de alba lasted 24 hours, too...

Rudolph Valentino and Jean Acker divorced after 6 hours...

Kim Kardashian had a $10m Wedding that only lasted 72 days...

What must be the quickest divorce was that of Scott Mackie and Victoria Anderson, after 90 minutes...

Newt Gingrich cheated on both his first and second wives when they were gravely ill...

Kelsey Grammar ended his marriage of 15 years by mobile phone...

Between 40 and 50% of Heterosexual marriages will end in divorce, but for some reason, it's Same-sex marriages that will destroy the institution of marriage.

I just believe it devalues tradition, marriage had it's boundaries and now we've moved them

We've moved those boundaries many times before. For wealth, for dynasty, for religion, class, for love, for race, and now for sexuality. There is no tradition. Never has been. Just an evolution of what a marriage is and what it should be.

Why do feel it's a wrong step. It doesn't devalue my marriage at all - does it yours?

Perhaps you were taught some unhelpful ideas when you were young?

It's good that you would try not to treat people you meet differently just because they're gay - even though by saying you think the decision was wrong you're thinking about them differently.

Haha, i'm not actually married, never got round to it, though i have kids and a missus of 18 years, so i suppose that may affect your opinion on my thoughts but that's just how it is. :D

When i was younger i was the lad always in scrapes at school defending the gay lad, so it's nothing to do with that, like alluded to above i believe some things are sacred if you will, marriage is one of those things for me, it's just a belief i've always held, we don't need to start messing with that.

I have absolutely no problem with same sex couples, though on the other hand i'd be very uncomfortable sitting in the same room with two men showing their affection for each other.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 20:09 ----------

We've moved those boundaries many times before. For wealth, for dynasty, for religion, class, for love, for race, and now for sexuality. There is no tradition. Never has been. Just an evolution of what a marriage is and what it should be.

Fair do's mate, each to their own eh.

Can you explain why you said it's none of you're business, but then argued with others about their opinion? Clearly, you think it is your business, which contradicts your vote in the poll.

I have already explained in crystal clear terms.

So to you, for the fourth time of asking; you think that it is your business, please show your manners and explain why.

I have already explained in crystal clear terms.

So to you, for the fourth time of asking; you think that it is your business, please show your manners and explain why.

Alien52 explained it perfectly well on page 1, it didn't sink in it seems.

Your OP specifically asks about gay marriage (see title), not whether it is our business whether two gay people love each, or want to spend their life together, but to get married.

That requires a change in the law, which we can all legitimately all hold an opinion on, whether for or against. That's why such things are debated in Parliament by our MPs.

Can you explain to me why our MPs debating changing the law is none of my business or even your business, as you claim?

Zsa Zsa Gabor had 9 marriages, and 7 divorces...

Film producer Robert Evans was married 7 times

Lana Turner had 7 husbands and eight divorces...

Elizabeth Taylor had 6 husbands and 7 divorces ...

Larry king has been divorced 6 times...

Jerry Lee Lewis has also been divorced 6 times...

Mickey Rooney has married 8 times, divorced 6 times...

Eddie Murphy's marriage to Tracey Edmonds lasted 2 weeks

Cher's Marriage to Gregg Allman lasted 9 days

(As did Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra's)

Dennis Hopper and Michelle Phillips' marriage was eight days...

Britney spears had a marriage lasting 55 hours...

Robin Givens' marriage to Svetovar Marincovoc lasted 24 hours...

Zsa Zsa Gabor's mariage to count Felipe de alba lasted 24 hours, too...

Rudolph Valentino and Jean Acker divorced after 6 hours...

Kim Kardashian had a $10m Wedding that only lasted 72 days...

What must be the quickest divorce was that of Scott Mackie and Victoria Anderson, after 90 minutes...

Newt Gingrich cheated on both his first and second wives when they were gravely ill...

Kelsey Grammar ended his marriage of 15 years by mobile phone...

Between 40 and 50% of Heterosexual marriages will end in divorce, but for some reason, it's Same-sex marriages that will destroy the institution of marriage.

And exactly how does your newly embraced ideology consider this matter?

Stop being so camp and attention seeking about it.

What's more camp and attention seeking than any wedding?

What's more camp and attention seeking than any wedding?

Not nationally!!!

And exactly how does your newly embraced ideology consider this matter?

What matters is my opinion, and how *I* view it, surely?

(I wondered how long it would be before a slur like that was raised!)

Not nationally!!!

How many gay weddings have you checked out in this week's Heat magazine?

Maybe if there were a few more you'd see something you like?

Your OP specifically asks about gay marriage (see title), not whether it is our business whether two gay people love each, or want to spend their life together, but to get married.

That requires a change in the law, which we can all legitimately all hold an opinion on, whether for or against. That's why such things are debated in Parliament by our MPs.

Can you explain to me why our MPs debating changing the law is none of my business or even your business, as you claim?

It was done democratically. You can choose not to vote for the parties (the coalition) that introduced the bill, or the parties that voted in favour.

That's how it's your business I guess - you and your vote.

Thanks for that.Having read the posts made in the last hour I despair.