Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Unless and until heterosexual couples have the same rights as gay couples to have either a civil partnership or a wedding then I have a problem.

Sorry you say people can get married regardless of gender, but they aren't to produce any children ?

Children end up being brought up with one parent or same sex parents and thats fine, but why would people want to deliberatly deprive a child right from the outset of a mother/father?

As a Christian, I believe all marriages are conducted before God, as God is everywhere.

Nice answer, I respect that.

Because they are for DIFFERENT people.

Marriage is the accepted name of the union for hetrosexual people and because of the accepted use of the name homosexual couples do not qualify for it.

Please do not start us on the line that all people are the same and that there is no difference between a man and woman.

Ah Harvey19 is still using the same old "that's how it is so that's how it should stay" line

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 18:21 ----------

And here's me thinking it was the accepted name of the union of two people that love each other and wanted to commit to each other and wanted to declare that love before God.

No, marriage is nothing to do with any of the gods, unless you choose to make it so.

Yes it is my damned business. It's everybody's damned business. Thanks for asking.

Ok, so lets consider two friends of mine. We'll call them Simon and Jack. They've been together over ten years, love each other much and would like to be married.

What skin is it off your nose exactly?

Ok, so lets consider two friends of mine. We'll call them Simon and Jack. They've been together over ten years, love each other much and would like to be married.

What skin is it off your nose exactly?

They can't get married. That's not legal.

They can't get married. That's not legal.

I know that. I'm asking why you object to the law changing so that they can.

Why is that?

Who will be harmed by it and how?

I know that. I'm asking why you object to the law changing so that they can.

Why is that?

Who will be harmed by it and how?

Are you in favour of changing the law?

I couldn't care less who gets married as long as I don't have to pay for them to have preferential tax treatment.

Are you in favour of changing the law?

Yes I am. Why do you oppose it?

If Cameron gets his way, will Huhne will be able to get his cell mate to take the next set of points he acquires?

Yes I am. Why do you oppose it?

I see, so you want a change in the law which means you're making it your business, whilst saying it's none of my business despite not knowing my opinion.