United v Crawley

Yes mate quite possible,but he has got a hell of a nice looking garden.:hihi:

Probably has as well! :hihi:

I started watching football in the 1970's when pitches were a quagmire most of the season - and men were men - with great big digger sideburns and flowing locks of hair, or Charles Bronson style moustaches and leg-breaking tackles.

The name Trevor Hockey springs to mind from that description :hihi: - remember a game against Leeds at the Lane where him and Bremner had their own private war for 90 mins -kicks, punches etc. Ref just let them get on with it.

Now we will look forward to Blades going on about this on FH.

Btheb will say: "i mean to me when i was groundskeeper i cleared entire pitch meself and went on to clear entire town. believe you me. " etc.

:hihi: Very surprised not to hear him say just that!

The name Trevor Hockey springs to mind from that description :hihi: - remember a game against Leeds at the Lane where him and Bremner had their own private war for 90 mins -kicks, punches etc. Ref just let them get on with it.

I am sure I once saw two United players sat down snogging each other in the middle of the pitch.

Not the only thing that was hard then in those days;)

I do see your point, bringing a motorbike and sidecar all that way is a bit annoying, for the Crawley fans.

Remember the old Chesterfield one.......four on a special?

I am sure I once saw two United players sat down snogging each other in the middle of the pitch.

Not the only thing that was hard then in those days;)

A very famous picture, but not quite snogging Neepsend, It was Tony Currie and Alan Birchinall from memory, and one still played for United and one gone to another team (forget who had stayed and who had gone), and they had a bit of clash in the middle of the field, both ended up on the deck laughing and kissed for the camera.

A very famous picture, but not quite snogging Neepsend, It was Tony Currie and Alan Birchinall from memory, and one still played for United and one gone to another team (forget who had stayed and who had gone), and they had a bit of clash in the middle of the field, both ended up on the deck laughing and kissed for the camera.

Birchy was at Leicester, i think he still is :)

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00228/RSNS2248A_228573a.jpg

Was at that match...Remember it well.

Some funny goings on in the middle of the field at BDTBL over the years Grappler...Alan Ball once sat on the ball when we were getting thrashed 5-0 and then didnt Tony Currie do it them next season to them as we thrashed them ?

Sad to say but United pulled a flanker last night getting the game off, they have a stadium in the top 20 in the country (possibly higher) & undersoil heating. It is a ground and facilities that would be not out of place in PL & yet the pitch is waterlogged, cobblers, skullduggery me thinks, you cannot pull these tricks in PL though, but in the Freddie Truman pub league you can.