Baby sleep advice please

Well he was well and truely swaddled, he looked like one of those old fashioned babies all tucked up in his sheet......should have took a pic cos his arms had busted out 45 mins later....I will need to check in a min before bed!

When babies are developing a skill (crawling etc) it's quite common that they don't sleep as their little brains try to make sense of it all :)

We were having the same trouble with our baby so decided to move him into his own room and he sleeps through now.

We also swaddle him and have a musical lullaby that gets him back to sleep if he wakes. He's teething at the minute so if he wakes during the night crying and seems in pain I give him some calpol and he's out like a light.

He waked up at 5a.m every morning though, wish he would stay in an hour longer.

When babies are developing a skill (crawling etc) it's quite common that they don't sleep as their little brains try to make sense of it all :)

That is very interesting actually as now he has mastered crawling and pulling himself up he has been a lot better!

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 11:37 ----------

We were having the same trouble with our baby so decided to move him into his own room and he sleeps through now.

We also swaddle him and have a musical lullaby that gets him back to sleep if he wakes. He's teething at the minute so if he wakes during the night crying and seems in pain I give him some calpol and he's out like a light.

He waked up at 5a.m every morning though, wish he would stay in an hour longer.

He was in with his brother but he was disturbing him and unfortunately we only have two bedrooms. His own room would be much better but just not going to happen right now :(

Usually (and now) if he wakes a cuddle gets him back off - he wakes about 4/5am and then sleeps with us til getting up time. But this particular couple of weeks NOTHING would pacify him.

Luckily things are a bit easier now apart from big bro has had earache all week!

When my son learnt to crawl at around 9 months he used to crawl around his cot in his sleep and wake himself up headbutting the bars! Luckily, my daughter hasn't followed in his footsteps in this respect, but still went through a bit of a bad patch sleep-wise just after mastering crawling. She's nearly walking now, so preparing for disturbed nights again...