4G on 3 network at no extra cost.

My 5s was also bought from apple so wasn't tied to anything but the 4g option wasn't there till 3 sent me there carrier update

Must be an Apple thing then, one more reason to avoid having one. :hihi:

I've got a Nexus 5 and the 4G option is already available (though there's no service)

Hopefully mine should work as i'm with 3 on the one sim?

I'm also on The One plan. As my phone doesn't need any software changes I've been told mine will just work.

My iphone 5 was bought sim free from Apple, maybe the sim card is?

I know when I was in London my 4G was on and even did a reboot but I never saw it working even though online it said my phone would.

From what I've read you won't be able to pick up 3s 4G until you receive the carrier update from them and they are only sending it out to a handful of people to start with to test it.

Don't be surprised if Three put their prices up before the launch of 4G on their network.

4G will then be the same price as 3G but it will be higher than it is now.

Congratulations you successfully predicted the future. Can you PM me this week's lottery numbers?

I have 4g again and I'm in woodhouse sheffield took a screen shot but don't know how to upload it from my phone but it's currently using 4g data so we are in business :)

---------- Post added 14-02-2014 at 16:07 ----------

Ohhh and I just did a speed check and I'm getting speeds of over 45 mb.... Wow that's fast!!

Where in woodhouse?

Sorry I'm not sure it actually classed as woodhouse but do you know where the new family pub is on the bypass elmwood farm? That's where I picked up 4g and it went back to 3G on the way home when I got near the job centre in woodhouse roughly about where the first row of shops are on the right after the tip but if you go to elmwood you will get 4g and by the way I did another test before I left I only had 3 bars but I was getting speeds of 49.01 mb and il be honest that is going to wipe the floor with the other networks!! :)

Cheers, I'm sad enough to take a trip tomorrow and give it a try.

I'm near the mill and sill on 3G

We'll I have heard some users might get priority usage at the start as kinda like a silent test now I have been with them about 7 or 8 years so not sure if I have been granted priority but it would be interesting to see if you can indeed get 4g, I presume you have a 4g phone, silly question I know but you wouldn't believe the amour of ppl I have to inform with an iPhone 5 that sadly it's not technically a 4g device lol

We'll I have heard some users might get priority usage at the start as kinda like a silent test now I have been with them about 7 or 8 years so not sure if I have been granted priority but it would be interesting to see if you can indeed get 4g, I presume you have a 4g phone, silly question I know but you wouldn't believe the amour of ppl I have to inform with an iPhone 5 that sadly it's not technically a 4g device lol

I would, I've taken the flak from it since I started this job in September.

It is a 4G device but only if your carrier supplies the service on the 700 / 850 / / 1700 /1800 / 1900 / 2100 Mhz bands.

Below is what the winning bidders got from the OFCOM frequency auction and what they paid:

Everything Everywhere Ltd 2 x 5 MHz of 800 MHz and 2 x 35 MHz of 2.6GHz - £588,876,000

Hutchison 3G UK Ltd 2 x 5 MHz of 800 MHz - £225,000,000

Niche Spectrum Ventures Ltd (a subsidiary of BT Group plc) 2 x 15 MHz of 2.6 GHz and 1 x 20 MHz of 2.6 GHz (unpaired) £186,476,000

Telefónica UK Ltd 2 x 10 MHz of 800 MHz (coverage obligation lot) - £550,000,000

Vodafone Ltd 2 x 10 MHz of 800 MHz, 2 x 20 MHz of 2.6 GHz and 1 x 25 MHz of 2.6 GHz (unpaired) - £790,761,000

Total £2,341,113,000

EE also applied and were granted the re-purposing of 1800mhz band for 4G.

Edited by Resident

Haha I told you, it's weird, either side if the beighton bypass is 3G but inbtween is 4g I can't work it out lol

Had a mooch up there today and my iPhone switches too, 4G and great speeds,

there is a mast in the dip near the railway lines so presume its the first update of many, odd that I had nothing in that London though.

Now if only it stretched another mile or so!!