4G on 3 network at no extra cost.

Anyone having signal problems around S11? Been on and off for a couple of weeks now on both Nexus 4 and my Nexus 5. Went to the 3 shop who told me one of the masts has been down in the area due to the 4G upgrade.

No problems with 3G on 3 with iPhone 5 around Woodhouse and in town.

Spotted 4G for 3 now at Parkway retail park, Burngreave (near Mangla) and Arundle gate

although its patchy and slow speeds at the moment.

And yes I'm sad :D

can get 4g in wincobank but only outside, also got it down penistone rd from kwikfit to shalesmoor.

There is a lot of talk on the internet about Three stopping their unlimited tethering on the one plan for new customers from today, and limiting it to 2Gb. I don't know how true this is

There is a lot of talk on the internet about Three stopping their unlimited tethering on the one plan for new customers from today, and limiting it to 2Gb. I don't know how true this is

I've heard this too and tbh I don't have an issue with it. We're getting free upgrades to 4G from the standard 3G plans, there has to be a catch somewhere and out of possibilities this is the least painful imo.

I have broadband when I at home and when I'm out and need to tether it's not for a great deal of data, certainly not 2GB in a month.

I can see why 3 would do it. 4G speeds can almost match fibre broadband and their plans cost far less that having that installed so they're just protecting the network from those users that would potentially abuse the service.

Not sure how they could stop this... My plan at the moment doesn't include tethering, but they only seem to be able to detect it by the user agent.

On my ipad I just use a different browser with the user agent set to 'iphone' and have no problems.

Not sure how they could stop this... My plan at the moment doesn't include tethering, but they only seem to be able to detect it by the user agent.

On my ipad I just use a different browser with the user agent set to 'iphone' and have no problems.

That's not too bad on the iPad but using a fake user agent set to iPhone limits you to only being able to view the mobile version of the site if the site owner doesn't provide a view full site link. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, especially on a PC.

Edited by steroc

That's not too bad on the iPad but using a fake user agent set to iPhone limits you to only being able to view the mobile version of the site if the site owner doesn't provide a view full site link. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, especially on a PC.

There's usually a 'show desktop' version option on most sites - I just use that if the iPhone version is too annoying.

I would be happy to get 3g consistently in town keeps dropping to gprs (on 02)

Appears to be on over near meadowhall - I got 25meg download speed today on speedtest - usually it's been 14 or 15 max.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 19:53 ----------

I would be happy to get 3g consistently in town keeps dropping to gprs (on 02)

Ditch 02 and switch to Three - much better connection and speed.

Just sorting rates for a US vistor to UK.

Thier provider does a 100Mb package for $25.which is bad enough, most UK packages would give you at least 10 fold more. for your dosh.

If you forgot to get that package, the rate is an astonishing $20per MB.

The BBC news had a result of a massive survey of mobile providers yesterday, EE came top, Vodaphone were last.