Burglars Beware your time is coming

Had to post this as it is such great news and hopefully a starting block burglar

Jailed for seven years.

well done to syp

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/s...ears-1-5378556

Published on Monday 4 February 2013 17:43

A BURGLAR caught red-handed when he broke into a Sheffield home and stole electronic gadgets and jewellery has been locked up for seven years.

Simon Pass, aged 32, from Firth Park, was caught after he forced open the kitchen window of a property in Hereward Road, Longley, as the occupants slept.

Sheffield Crown Court heard Pass rifled through every room in the house and stole high-value electronic items and jewellery.

Police were alerted when a member of the public reported suspicious activity near the house.

Pass, of Calder Way, was caught and arrested a short distance away and the property was recovered, following the break in on Sunday, September 30.

Speaking after the court hearing, Detective Constable Ian Chamberlain, from South Yorkshire Police said: ”This is a great result for the community and police.

“Burglary is one of the most intrusive and disturbing crimes.

“The sentence given reflects how serious and impactive burglary is upon its victims.

“Thanks to a vigilant member of the public, Pass was arrested and charged with burglary, that evening.”

After the hearing, the victim said: “I am extremely pleased with the sentence and would like to thank the police for their work in putting this man away.”

Had to post this as it is such great news and hopefully a starting block burglar

Jailed for seven years.

well done to syp

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/s...ears-1-5378556

Published on Monday 4 February 2013 17:43

A BURGLAR caught red-handed when he broke into a Sheffield home and stole electronic gadgets and jewellery has been locked up for seven years.

Simon Pass, aged 32, from Firth Park, was caught after he forced open the kitchen window of a property in Hereward Road, Longley, as the occupants slept.

Sheffield Crown Court heard Pass rifled through every room in the house and stole high-value electronic items and jewellery.

Police were alerted when a member of the public reported suspicious activity near the house.

Pass, of Calder Way, was caught and arrested a short distance away and the property was recovered, following the break in on Sunday, September 30.

Speaking after the court hearing, Detective Constable Ian Chamberlain, from South Yorkshire Police said: ”This is a great result for the community and police.

“Burglary is one of the most intrusive and disturbing crimes.

“The sentence given reflects how serious and impactive burglary is upon its victims.

“Thanks to a vigilant member of the public, Pass was arrested and charged with burglary, that evening.”

After the hearing, the victim said: “I am extremely pleased with the sentence and would like to thank the police for their work in putting this man away.”

Sounds to me that the burglar would still be burgling if it wasn't for a member of the public. Well done to the member of public, I say.

Sounds to me that the burglar would still be burgling if it wasn't for a member of the public. Well done to the member of public, I say.

Agreed well done to the public. Although its great he got a better punishment then a slap on the hand but I do wonder how many times he has been arrested for burglary before he got a decent prison sentence

if the public and the police work together and the courts do there jobs in giving proper sentences then surely this is all good and a positive start to show the people doing this that it is not going to be taken lightly well done to all involved and i hope this starts to send the message that crime wont be accepted

hope not irene its like i said ok yes i go to places that have been broken into as part of my job but as i was just saying to someone who has sent me a private message seeing the aftermath of what these people leave is heartbreaking it really is and is something that even after all these years for myself still isn't any easier than the first time i went to one all these years on the pain these people cause is still the same so for me i hope that this sentence doesn't get cut for those reasons and hopefully so that the police also get some much needed praise for the work they have done in this and in many other cases as for them too i feel it must be terrible when sentences are short and makes there work feel worthless i hope this is a turning point and the courts saying enough is enough

Already posted in the "Frechville burglaries" thread.

Possibly so, but don't you think "scum" getting their comeuppance is worth shouting all over the place.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 19:39 ----------

I'm sure he'll appeal and get his sentence reduced, that's what usually seems to happen when a criminal gets a sentence that's actually a decent length.

Or complain his human rights have been violated :loopy::loopy::loopy: