Parking ticket even though I had paid - Any advice?

cardoor

I parked my car and paid at the machine and still have the ticket as proof, however it was in a residential bay and on the opposite side of the road was the pay and display side, as soon as I noticed this I immediately tried to move the car but the warden rushed his ticket and stood in front of the car so we couldn't move without driving over him, it was snowing heavily and the signs were not very clear, could I have a case for appeal and initimidation?

I parked my car and paid at the machine and still have the ticket as proof, however it was in a residential bay and on the opposite side of the road was the pay and display side, as soon as I noticed this I immediately tried to move the car but the warden rushed his ticket and stood in front of the car so we couldn't move without driving over him, it was snowing heavily and the signs were not very clear, could I have a case for appeal and initimidation?

There hasn't been any snow for a while, why have you suddenly decided to ask us? How long was it before you noticed you were in the wrong place?

Why did the snow have to do with making the signs not very clear?

There hasn't been any snow for a while, why have you suddenly decided to ask us? How long was it before you noticed you were in the wrong place?

Why did the snow have to do with making the signs not very clear?

Eh? there was loads of snow last week and in a blizzard it's difficult to see anything, I've been really busy with work and now only have just 1 week left to appeal or pay it at 35.

Eh? there was loads of snow last week and in a blizzard it's difficult to see anything, I've been really busy with work and now only have just 1 week left to appeal or pay it at 35.

You can appeal anyway....If they turn you down, then you still have time to pay the reduced fee, from when they reject it (assuming they will)...so just get your appeal off. The worst they can say in no!

There are more and more threads appearing on SF regarding parking tickets ... I think the council may be being a little over zealous! Its outrageous to be issuing tickets without giving people time to assess the situation.