Can anyone recommend a good dslr Camara?

I'm wanting a dslr camara for starter use but to keeping using for pro shots. Ideally a cheap package and good megapixels can anyone recommend a good camara or even a great deal? Thank you

I got a canon eos600D for christmas and so far it's been great, if a steep learning curve.

Ultimately you'll get loads of conflicting informattion and opinion, but the best option is to decide how much you want to spend, add a bit more onto it to account for a bag, cleaning kit, etc then go down to somewhere like Harrison's Camera on london road and try out a few models in your own hands.

See which size, shape, menu system etc suits you best. The best camera for YOU is the one that gets out of the way of taking the picture the most.

Cameras are all much of a muchness in terms of raw specs, especially for a newbie. By the time the small differences between them actually matter to you, you'll know enough to make such decisions unaided, til then, as above, go play and find the one you like the feel of, then go practicing.

Bare in mind, it's an expensive hobby though! You'll soon be wanting a new lens at £250-£300, a decent flash at £200+ etc once you realise the limitations of the kit lens and on-body flash.

Edited by NightFlight

My suggestion is that you should purchase a used Canon 5D http://www.harrisoncameras.net/productdetail.kmod?Productid=8904 And then a really good lens. They don't have much in the way of used stock at the moment, they just had a sale. This one will do for landscapes and stuff: http://www.harrisoncameras.net/productdetail.kmod?Productid=5970

If you have more money, and want to by new, then for the camera the Canon 600D as mentioned previously is good, or the new 6D. You don't say what you'd be using the camera for, professionally.

K.

As a starter, I'd consider a Canon 600D(or used 550D) or Nikon equivalent.

Be warned though: you'll soon start wanting something that is more tailored to your interests. So if your main interests in photography are wildlife/sport/action then I'd avoid some of the cheaper starter cameras and save for something like a Canon 7D. Same goes for the lenses: skip the f/4.5-5.6 and go for the f/2.8. You'll save thousands in the long run.

Edited by Ryedo40

Some good suggestions here, but also don't disregard some of the entry level dslrs either. Both the Nikon D3100 and Canon EOS1100D can be had new for around £300 at the moment, and both are very nice cameras. Use the money you save to put towards some decent lenses - depending on what you photograph, the 50mm f1.8 from Nikon or Canon is a real bargain, and super sharp. Then learn to use your equipment properly before blowing more money - spending money doesn't guarantee good photos!

I had someone come on one of my courses who'd bought a Canon 7D, 24 - 70 f2.8 lens, 70 - 200 f2.8 lens, super wide angle zoom (all Canon), carbon fibre tripod, Lee filters etc, - and he said he still got better results from his little Canon Powershot!

I've tried Nikon D3100 and it was good at first, its simplicity helped me learn a lot about the aperture, shutter speed and different basic options however the autofocus was not what I had hoped for. Although I only had it for 2 weeks I found it very good and I could take good shots, however now I have Nikon D90 which although seems to be a bit too advanced, I can see myself using it for a long time and developing my skills better than with the D3100. Hope you get one you like and good luck :)

Putting your main cash into your lenses is good advise. Over the years your bodies will come and go but a solid investment into lenses will stay with you for decades.